Adaptil

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
Cupcake

Adaptil

Post by Cupcake » 24 Feb 2014, 19:25

Hi
Has anyone used adaptil plug in, as a friend told me about it at the weekend, she had no problems with her dog as a puppy through the night with using this, just seeing if anyone else has used it.

Many thanks for any replies
Tracy

suebedo

Re: Adaptil

Post by suebedo » 24 Feb 2014, 20:18

I've used the cat version very successfully - I'm a doubting cynic about this kind of "new age" stuff and was stunned at how well it worked.

Cupcake

Post by Cupcake » 25 Feb 2014, 07:56

Thanks for the reply, have just ordered one, so it will be ready & waiting. Will try it, most people say it's good on all the reviews.

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 25 Feb 2014, 07:59

Explain please?

Will it stop lulu from going beserk when someone walks through the door?
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

Bid

Post by Bid » 25 Feb 2014, 11:05

I tried one when Daisy was a pup - it had no effect on her, but got my old lab very distressed - he tried to get upstairs to us which he never did - maybe he thought there was a lactating bitch somewhere in the house! :lol:

One of the dogs I walk is a rescue with a few problems who gets very stressed when left - he has an adaptil collar, and seems a lot better on it. I think they can be good to solve anxiety problems, but shouldn't be used long term for normal puppy settling in, because the dog could end up being dependant on it, and unable to cope without.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron