Ill after worming

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
Sharon-Tilly

Ill after worming

Post by Sharon-Tilly » 22 Mar 2014, 21:04

I treated Tilly with worming tabs this morning, she is now being sick and is so out of sorts with herself.
I phoned my sis in law who treated her dog recently and she says the same thing happened to her dog.

Is this normal? They spent some time together, so hoping they haven't picked something up on their walks.
ImageImage

Bid

Re: Ill after worming

Post by Bid » 22 Mar 2014, 22:19

Two of mine have beem ill after worming with Drontal, but are fine with Milbemax. We've not tried the new chewable Milbelmax though.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Lexi-dood

Post by Lexi-dood » 22 Mar 2014, 22:23

Did you give the worming tablet after food? If it is given on an empty tummy it can really irritate the stomach. My dog reacted to Drontil so now I give Panacur or Milbemax (sp?) and so far haven't had any problems, so long as they have it with their dinner.

Hope she feels better soon. :)

chocdog

Post by chocdog » 22 Mar 2014, 23:15

I use service called wormcount.

They send you a little plastic box and you fill it with poo and mail it back to them :shock:

They email you the results and if you get the all clear, you don't have to use the nasty worming meds :D

DiSet

Post by DiSet » 23 Mar 2014, 10:58

Sharon-Tilly - I use Milbemax and haven't had any problems. What did you use?

Chocdog - I didn't know you could do this so easily. The wormcount company looks good. I think I might use them. Thanks.

Bid

Post by Bid » 23 Mar 2014, 14:48

I use wormcount too - it's a really quick service, and cheaper than a worming tablet too! :D :D
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron