Puppy Grooming

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
harleyboy53

Puppy Grooming

Post by harleyboy53 » 21 Sep 2015, 14:03

As my large puppy is now 6 months old time to research groomers.Any recommendations in the Wolverhampton area?

Sandy B

Re: Puppy Grooming

Post by Sandy B » 22 Sep 2015, 09:21

Sorry cant help re groomers but if you walk your puppy where other doods are maybe ask their owners ? Good luck with it, my Dolly was given an asbo by her 1st groomer for misbehaving, not aggressive in any way, she just hated the whole experience. Found another groomers who was up for taking her on and was told she behaved and was a good girl. Dolly has hated being brushed from the day we got her at 8 weeks. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Love
Sandra*Dolly x

harleyboy53

Post by harleyboy53 » 25 Sep 2015, 09:51

Hi,thanks for that.I have spoken to a lot of Doodle owners and am in the process of visiting many,many local groomers.What a minefield,some want to shear her like a sheep,when all I want to do at this stage is give her a trim all over,like the fun of taking your child to have his or her first haircut!Again thanks for your reply,i might at this stage give the tangly bits a trim and consider more come spring.

Sandy B

Post by Sandy B » 25 Sep 2015, 10:34

I had Dolly sheared right down this time as she had a couple of matts that she just wouldnt let me brush out. So its been slightly easier combing her every day with such short fur. She still hates it but she is better than she was. Dolly has very curly non shedding hair and when its cut right back its got a lovely wave. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Love
Sandra&Dolly