Dolly still bleeding.

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
Sandy B

Dolly still bleeding.

Post by Sandy B » 25 Sep 2015, 10:43

Hello all. Please could anyone advise me if its normal for a bitch in season to still be bleeding after 11 days? It seem s to be getting heavier.She is totally confined to the 2 back rooms that dont have carpet on. She does have access to the garden. I cant let her in any of my other rooms because there is too much blood. Have looked on the internet but cant find the answer. I thought it might be starting to ease off a bit . She doesnt seem very interested in her food either and is eating only about half what she normally does. Thanks in advance for any replies.
Love
Sandra & Dolly. xx

Coco and Annie

Re: Dolly still bleeding.

Post by Coco and Annie » 25 Sep 2015, 14:29

Hi Sandra

I think Coco's lasted up to a couple of weeks and she was definitely off her food and feeling sorry for herself.

There was some moderate bleeding but she wore special pants which made my life easier.

She was spayed 6 weeks after her first season.

Hope this helps

Annie, Coco and Yoshi x

Sandy B

Re: Dolly still bleeding.

Post by Sandy B » 25 Sep 2015, 16:49

Thanks Anne thats very helpful. Most certainly getting her spayed. Dont want her to have puppies and health wise I think spaying is a good thing. Been out for a couple of hours and coming in it looks like there has been a murder in the kitchen!! Poor Dolly. I did give her a bath yesterday to freshen her up a bit but it looks like I havent, the joys of having a blondie.Good to know going off food is quite normal too. Thanks again Anne.
Love
Sandra & Dolly xx