Stressed Doodles

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
kATE

Stressed Doodles

Post by kATE » 17 Jul 2007, 18:33

Hi Guys ,
We are due to go on holiday in a couple of weeks and will be driving a long way , Iam sure I read somewhere that you can buy a kind of anti stress medication for doodles !
Neither get car Sick (well Buddy once after just having breakfast) but they seem to get stressed ie rapid breathing , and can't settle ,they can't go to sleep and they figit the whole way .
Just wondered what everyone recommends ??

Kate
:wink:

susiegill

Post by susiegill » 17 Jul 2007, 18:41

:lol:

Hi Kate

Barb once recommended sea legs the human travel sickness pills.

I give Rosie one the night before the journey and another an hour before setting off!! It does the trick with Rosie. Although she's no longer sick when travelling I do find that the pills relax her more when you have a longer journey.
Susan, Rosie & Molly
http://www.susiedoodles.piczo.com
DON'T TRUST THE PUPPY FINDER!

freedom

Post by freedom » 17 Jul 2007, 18:54

I would think that may be Bach Rescue Remedy, it is homeopathic for humans.
Would this be a holiday in Somerset?

kATE

Post by kATE » 17 Jul 2007, 19:03

Think you could be right there Deb :D Really looking forward to it , Iam praying for sun , Is there such thing as a sun dance ?? Coz the one Ive been doing ain't working and the neighbours think I've lost the plot :lol:

Can I give rescue remedy to the doodles then ??
Then maybe I should save some for myself to stop me stressing about the weather and I can save all my dancing for somerset when the sun comes out , Repeat after me ...It will be sunny , It will be sunny , It will be sunny ! :lol:

Kate
:wink:

Keffie

Post by Keffie » 17 Jul 2007, 19:16

Hi Kate
Yes I have used the rescue remedy on dogs and I know that quite a few groomers use them.
Have a great holiday :D
Jo and Pebs
ImageImageImage

freedom

Post by freedom » 17 Jul 2007, 20:06

It is with huge thanks to Lisa that myself and husband can both go :lol:
Poor Lisa has lots of pups to look after 8) but we have promissed to take her next year :lol:
Yes as Jo says you can give it to the dogs and for yourself :o

tofdood

Post by tofdood » 17 Jul 2007, 20:24

Hi Kate
My toffee was terrible in the car, really sick and very frightened. I got some tabs from a local petstore. There called scullcap & valarian for travel sick and anxiety. they work wonders. Just 3 tabs half an hour before we go out and he hasnt been sick since. have a look at http://www.dorwest.com this is the address on the bottle. They really do work!
Abby

chelsea

Post by chelsea » 17 Jul 2007, 21:21

Hi Kate,

I use Rescue Remedy for the dogs (and me), it's great and works really well. I usually give them their initial drops 'on the rocks' (mind the glass dropper) then add about 15 drops to a litre of water so they get regular top ups when the have a slurp.

I also use drops of lavender oil either on their cushions or,if they are particularly stressed or feeling a bit hyper, I put 2 drops on a glove and then gently stroke them around the chest and neck area with it.

You could also try a DAP spray.

:D

Sooty

Post by Sooty » 17 Jul 2007, 21:24

Just ordered some

DizzyDora

Post by DizzyDora » 18 Jul 2007, 00:11

I can save all my dancing for somerset when the sun comes out , Repeat after me ...It will be sunny , It will be sunny , It will be sunny !

:oops: :lol: Kate perhaps I should stop my rain dance now :!: :wink:
Then we will get Sunshine & the campsites will dry out in time :?:
Who else out there wants a dry patch to camp on anytime soon? :lol:

Sooty

Post by Sooty » 18 Jul 2007, 00:15

Me around my caravan in St Andrews Thurs to Sunday please :D

deb Beasor

Post by deb Beasor » 18 Jul 2007, 08:04

Hi yes we want sunshine.

We are going away for my daughtres birthday in the caravan 26th July & will also be at Porlock cant wait :lol: :lol:
We were meant to go to Cirencester Park a few weeks ago but they cancelled as the pitches were too wet & that was a caravan :evil: :evil: :evil:

Debs