Bless Freya

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
freyadog

Bless Freya

Post by freyadog » 26 Apr 2008, 12:00

Hi

Freya started coughing late last night cough cough cough i knew what it was straight away after having dogs for many years.The dreaded Kennel Cough which is caught through the air so i have been told.
When she gets excited or playful then it comes again and white foam when she really gets going. :(
Feel so sorry for her its horrible having a cough as we all know.
Took her to the vets this morning and they gave her an injection and antibotic's ,just going to give her some childrens cough mixture too.
Trying to keep her calm but with a doodle this is not much fun..
Hope she gets well soon and hope my other dogs do not get it.

Caroline x

kats

Re: Bless Freya

Post by kats » 26 Apr 2008, 12:19

aaah Caroline

sorry Freya is poorly :(

didn't realise you can give dogs childrens cough mix :shock:

hope she feels better soon :)
Kats and Evie x
Image Image
Some blindness is PREVENTABLE, all parents need clear Eye certificates. Don't accept excuses.

amber

Post by amber » 26 Apr 2008, 14:04

Sorry to hear Freya has Kennel cough, Caroline. That ends a bad week nicely, doesn't it!
Get well soon.
Amber, and gang x

redheadreddog

Post by redheadreddog » 26 Apr 2008, 14:35

So sorry to here that freya dog is not well and its so unfear on then cause they cant tell you they feel ill but ha with the love and hugs from you and the bear im sure she will be well on the mend soon
big hugs from goerge
heather and goerge :wink: :wink:

patjoe

Post by patjoe » 26 Apr 2008, 14:59

Get well soon
Pat & Alfie

janelli

Post by janelli » 26 Apr 2008, 16:50

Poor Freya :(
Hope she's feeling better soon so she can make the most of this lovely sunshine.
x

teddylove

Post by teddylove » 26 Apr 2008, 18:43

Hi Caroline and Freya
I soo feel for you ..my darling Teddy has just suffered a bad bout of this awful kennel cough we have no clue where he got it ..but as you say its airborne so its very hard to avoid he is only 5 months old and it hit him hard and only today after 2 courses of antibiotics has he started to seem more himself..it broke my heart to see his little chest rack with the coughs and he sounded like an asthmatic old man as he walked around then the white foam changed to evil green snots..it was just horrible for him ..i am so relieved he is on the mend and I truely hope Freya recovers quickly..bless her :cry:
I gave Teddy cough medicine too for babies and it did seen to give him some relief or at least I felt I was helping him

Poppy

Post by Poppy » 26 Apr 2008, 19:32

Sorry to hear Freya is so poorly, poor little sweetheart. :( I hope she feels better soon and that the bear doesn't catch it as they are always so close together. It's such a worry when they are poorly, take care Freya.
Love Poppy
x

freyadog

Post by freyadog » 26 Apr 2008, 20:14

Thank you everyone for your kind words :) ,the poor little girl is still at it and her eyes are watering now and she keeps coming to me for help,sometimes you just feel so darn useless. :(
Just hope all my other dogs do not catch it specially Amber as she is getting old now.
Also Elmo hope he does not get it either as he is going for his first hydrotheraphy lesson Thursday checked by the vet paperwork sent to the centre. :)
Also Friday he is going to the groomers for the first time,Elmo has a better social life than me....

Caroline x

Monty

Post by Monty » 26 Apr 2008, 21:29

Poor Freya. Hope she gets better soon. Kennel cough is horrible!
Monty sends her a big slobbery get well kiss

AnnaCostaire

Post by AnnaCostaire » 27 Apr 2008, 11:42

Poor Freya, bless her, not a nice thing to happen to a girl at all.

Perhaps you could find a jar of Manuka Honey 15+ and get her to slurp some off a spoon. It would certainly help her throat, and may well help to boost her immune system. It's wonderful stuff.

Hugs for her from M

Anna and M
I breed miniature horses and am owned by a doodle called M who is the best thing since sliced bread.

labradoodlelover28

Post by labradoodlelover28 » 27 Apr 2008, 11:57

Sorry to hear Freya is so poorly, hope none of the others catch it either!

hope the medicine will do some good!

poor thing x

beckie x
x-x-:)Doodlebugs-Labradoodles:)-x-x
http://doodlebugslabradoodles.piczo.com

freyadog

Post by freyadog » 27 Apr 2008, 19:41

Hooray the coughing has more or less gone only twice today looks like i caught it early.
Not unless something was stuck somewhere the vet could not look in her mouth as she would not sit still

C aroline x

fudgepuddle

Post by fudgepuddle » 27 Apr 2008, 20:21

Poor Freya :cry:
hope she's feeling better soon, fudgey sends big snuggles to her adopted sis! :wink: :lol:
Mia
x
ImageImageImage