including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 22:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: tesco insurance
PostPosted: 28 Jul 2010, 09:13 

I have had to claim recently on my Tesco insurance for Chloes treatment and have found them to be very efficent. The cover isn't brillant up to £4000 cover per condition and have £120 excess but as I didn't insurance chloe until Jan this year I am very lucky to have found some at a reasoanble price for a then 10 year old. They have paid out quickly and been very helpful.I must have had a feeling that I was going to need it :cry: even though she hasn't had a days sickness in her whole life except when she was a pup.

Moral of the story Please do take out insurance even with a healthy dog you never know when you will need it :shock:

Post subject: Re: tesco insurance
PostPosted: 05 Aug 2012, 13:06 

totally agree,

i had a cocker spaniel from 6 months (breeder didnt want her even though she kept her to breed from).

When she was 9 she was diagnosed with cancer of the anal glads, that very quickly spred to her lungs. I was with tesco and they were fab. Never had a seconds trouble with them.

We went through the animal health trust for nearly a year before loosing the fight. Tesco paid the vet directly.

If i wasnt insured id have been £5000 in debt rather than being able to manage the £1000 I had to pay.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2012, 08:57 

Wow you must have had a sixth sense ! That's really was a good job you took it out ey !
Thanks for posting - it's a good reminder to people.
I've got my insurance which is coming up for renewal.

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2012, 11:00 

I've just had the renewal through for Daisy & Poppy's insurance, and was dreading it because I have been claiming for Daisy's hips for years, plus the 18 months worth of ear treatment including 3 GA's and 2 mri scans! It had gone up ......... by a massive £2.50 :lol: :lol: . I've heard other people's premiums have gone up hugely so I am relieved - it's obviously true what Petplan say - they don't increase their premiums because you claim! They are not the cheapest in the first place though - I pay £44 a month for the two of them. I expect a massive leap when Daisy is 8 though.