Greenbee Insurance Renewal.

Discussion of experiences with obtaining and claiming on Pet Insurance, how to select an insurer and what to look for in a policy
Post Reply
H&M
Posts: 23
Joined: 28 Oct 2008, 23:24

Greenbee Insurance Renewal.

Post by H&M » 11 Aug 2010, 20:59

I have insured my two dogs with Greenbee, (part of John Lewis) for the last two years. Last year the premiums went down fractionally. But this year the premium has increased by 25%!

Has anyone with Greenbee (or any other insurance company) had such an increase?

Thank you

lizziesmum
Posts: 1611
Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 08:04
Location: South Derbyshire

Re: Greenbee Insurance Renewal.

Post by lizziesmum » 12 Aug 2010, 07:45

Iv had Greenbee this year for the 1st time its £12.55 a month,Liz is 4yrs old.Freda
Image

annvinton
Posts: 968
Joined: 16 May 2010, 17:38
Location: Tiverton, Devon

Re: Greenbee Insurance Renewal.

Post by annvinton » 12 Aug 2010, 07:55

I have Ben insured with Pet Plan and just renewed for the second year.
Yes - my premiums also went up by 25% and I rang and asked why.
Was told it was because I had obviously lost my first time discount etc.
I did get one month free by changing to DD though, which brought it down a bit but it is still £52
more than last year and I haven't made any claims!

Ann & Ben

Image

baby_depardieu
Posts: 302
Joined: 24 Jul 2010, 19:13
Location: Nottingham

Re: Greenbee Insurance Renewal.

Post by baby_depardieu » 12 Aug 2010, 16:54

Once you have decided upon your insurer can you change to another when its time to renew? Are you locked in if you make a claim?

Still trying to get my head round it... and was thinking of Greenbee

xxx
Image
Image
The friendship of a dog is, without a doubt, more intense and more constant than that of man.~ Montaigne

User avatar
KateW
Posts: 5522
Joined: 21 May 2007, 21:52
Location: Cornwall
Contact:

Re: Greenbee Insurance Renewal.

Post by KateW » 12 Aug 2010, 19:27

baby_depardieu wrote:Once you have decided upon your insurer can you change to another when its time to renew? Are you locked in if you make a claim?

Still trying to get my head round it... and was thinking of Greenbee

xxx
Yes, you can change but you must declare to the proposed new insurer any treatment your dog has received, whether you made a claim on insurance or not. They will then decide whether to exclude any pre-existing conditions and may ask for more information. It is always best to get everything in writing and keep a copy.

Katherine
ImageImage
Image
Image

H&M
Posts: 23
Joined: 28 Oct 2008, 23:24

Re: Greenbee Insurance Renewal.

Post by H&M » 16 Aug 2010, 08:25

Hi thank you for your replies - only just had time to look at my post.
This is my third year with Greenbee - last year it went down my a very small amount - so I suppose I was reeled in!!!
One reason they said is that there must have been an increase on claims for poodle crosses in the last year! Please can anyone explain that one to me?

LizziesMum - Is you dog insured as a poodlemix, labradoodle, or lab-mix? - Mine are down as poodle-mixes and am charged £17.83 for one and £14.73 for the other (discount apparently for two dogs)?

Thank you!

doodledeb
Posts: 177
Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 10:03
Location: Milton Keynes

Re: Greenbee Insurance Renewal.

Post by doodledeb » 16 Aug 2010, 11:14

yeah mine with M&S has gone up £8.40!! I was paying £13.59 :evil:
Image

doodledo2
Posts: 7
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 10:08

Re: Greenbee Insurance Renewal.

Post by doodledo2 » 24 Aug 2010, 16:27

H&M wrote:I have insured my two dogs with Greenbee, (part of John Lewis) for the last two years. Last year the premiums went down fractionally. But this year the premium has increased by 25%!

Has anyone with Greenbee (or any other insurance company) had such an increase?

Thank you
All insurance premiums have been rising recently. Its to do with vets increasing their fee's :(

Healthy pets pet insurance is the best for the money at the moment if you ask me. http://www.healthy-pets.co.uk

Pauline
Posts: 1502
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 18:02
Location: Fareham

Re: Greenbee Insurance Renewal.

Post by Pauline » 13 Oct 2010, 17:21

doodledo2 wrote:
H&M wrote:I have insured my two dogs with Greenbee, (part of John Lewis) for the last two years. Last year the premiums went down fractionally. But this year the premium has increased by 25%!

Has anyone with Greenbee (or any other insurance company) had such an increase?

Thank you
All insurance premiums have been rising recently. Its to do with vets increasing their fee's :(

Healthy pets pet insurance is the best for the money at the moment if you ask me. http://www.healthy-pets.co.uk

I've just done a quote for Healthy Pets and it was £34.95!!! Twice what MoreThan have quoted!
Image

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post Reply