including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 26 Sep 2017, 08:10

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Good deal pet insurance.....
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2010, 16:23 

That time again as I've just recieved a renewal for Tescos for both Marley and Duffy. It was £24pcm and now going up to £35 !! Cancelled :evil:

Having searched through ALL the comparison sites and direct with some of the companies I found a great deal with Sainsburys.
For Marley and Duffy together £19.61.
This is for vets bills £7,500 and loads of extras also covered. 12 months for the price of 9, and 5% discount for second dog.

Worth a look if anyone needs to renew soon :D

I also noticed that a lot of companies are now quoting an excess of say £75 PLUS 10% of the vets fees... which would make it pretty expensive should the worst happen. Something else to try and avoid.

Post subject: Re: Good deal pet insurance.....
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2010, 21:11 

Bruno's had a run-in with a little sh*t of a dog and got a bad bite just below his eye. Been to emergency vets, £100 consultation and £29.72 medication with the possibility of further fees if swelling doesn't go down.

Anyway, my point is, I'm insured with Sainsbury's, will call claims line tomorrow, so we will see if they're a good deal or not!!

Will keep you posted.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2010, 22:17 

Thanks for that. Toby's insurance is coming up soon.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2010, 22:40 

We were with Sainsbury's for the first year after getting Poppy but like most insurance policies, the premium leapt in the second year, even though we'd never made a claim :evil:

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2010, 16:40 

We are with Sainsburys, we had our 6 year old pyrenean x girl Casey with them so have insured Cody our puppy with them. We have claimed for Casey, last time being a tooth removed. They have paid up each time without question.
Dawn

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2010, 17:34 

Anyone thinking of changing insurance company, just be aware that when you make a claim, they are now going through the dogs past medical history with a fine toothed comb, and if there is anything there that could relate in any way to what you are claiming for, they will reject the claim as an existing condition :roll: :evil:

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2010, 18:46 

Dillon is with Pet Plan and his premium is currently £19.92 a month.

None of it means anything until you need to make a claim, does it? We have paid for Dillons operation, and the vets took the forms to do there bit and sort it out. I have had a text from Pet Plan which says my claim will be dealt with within 10 days, so fingers crossed it will all be sorted without any hassle.

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2010, 19:24 

Dillondood wrote:
Dillon is with Pet Plan and his premium is currently £19.92 a month.

None of it means anything until you need to make a claim, does it? We have paid for Dillons operation, and the vets took the forms to do there bit and sort it out. I have had a text from Pet Plan which says my claim will be dealt with within 10 days, so fingers crossed it will all be sorted without any hassle.

We are too with pet plan they have always paid up and cover right up till the end of the dogs life unlike some who only cover up till the dog reaches 8years :evil:

they pay direct to the vets as well so yes you pay the excess but at least you only have that to worry about.

plus they also cover long tern illness where some only cover for the first year only not much good if your dog get an illness that need medicine for the rest of its life. My poor cousin was faced with this when she went with a cheaper insurance she was distraught that she couldn't pay for her dogs medication and was asked it she wanted to put her 7.5 yr dog to sleep,

Bid your so wise you do have to be carefull, :wink: