including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 21 Nov 2017, 14:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: argos insurance
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2010, 16:06 

Hi , Has anybody used Argos , i have just had a quote for their platinum insurance which covers ongoing treatment upto £7000 peryear for £13.18 a month . jane and merlin

Post subject: Re: argos insurance
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2010, 16:57 

There has been lots of post about good/bad ins companys to use. You may be able to check back through them. I'm sure also you will get some replies soon. I still have not chosen a company yet as I am not sure who to use. I was thinking of asking my vet who gives the least porblem paying out. Which company they recommend!!

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2010, 17:13 

I use mfu mutal. The cost gos down ever year as a bonus. Never had to claim but my sister been using them for 5 years. She has made loads of claims for her boxer starting at 12 weeks old for broken foot. :( she never ever had a problem, they pay out ever time over and over again and her premiums have never gone up. Mine is now £17 a month which has a life time cover. Would have to dig out paperwork to check how much can claim a year.But i know it was a lot otherwise wouldnt of took it.

would be nice to know what other people think of mfu mutal and if they had any bad experiances.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2010, 20:14 

Hi Jane,
We are with Argos 'Platinmum'. Archie is now just over a year old, when we first had him I wanted complete cover for him and checked out all the insurances to try to make sure I was covered for as much as possible. I went with M & S but changed almost immediately because I phoned for clarification on a few points (hydrotherapy being one of them) and found them unhelpful to the point of almost being rude and contradictory. This did nothing to reassure me especially as I hadn't even claimed yet :!:
I was really concerned to be with the right company before I needed any claims as I knew that from that point onwards I would not be covered for any pre-existing conditions.

I got a quote for Argos Platimun which was actually slightly more costly but the gentleman I spoke to was helpful, polite, simplistic and precise in his answers and if he could not be sure of anything asked someone who did know. I also found their policy wording more simple and clearly worded.

The last few weeks I have had a run of problems with Archie ranging from Kennel Cough to Campylobacter. I have only put in for one claim so far and this morning after a couple of weeks have just received the first cheque. I have not had time to analise it but I think it is in order. I am now about to put in a second claim for the Campylobactor so won't know for a while how this one goes.

I don't know if this helps. Insurance is always such a gamble and I'm sure they all have their faults but you can only do your best to cover as many things as you require and then cross your fingers.

Good luck with your search for the right one.

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2010, 20:40 

tynkerbelluk wrote:
Hi Jane,
We are with Argos 'Platinmum'. Archie is now just over a year old, when we first had him I wanted complete cover for him and checked out all the insurances to try to make sure I was covered for as much as possible. I went with M & S but changed almost immediately because I phoned for clarification on a few points (hydrotherapy being one of them) and found them unhelpful to the point of almost being rude and contradictory. This did nothing to reassure me especially as I hadn't even claimed yet :!:
I was really concerned to be with the right company before I needed any claims as I knew that from that point onwards I would not be covered for any pre-existing conditions.

I got a quote for Argos Platimun which was actually slightly more costly but the gentleman I spoke to was helpful, polite, simplistic and precise in his answers and if he could not be sure of anything asked someone who did know. I also found their policy wording more simple and clearly worded.

The last few weeks I have had a run of problems with Archie ranging from Kennel Cough to Campylobacter. I have only put in for one claim so far and this morning after a couple of weeks have just received the first cheque. I have not had time to analise it but I think it is in order. I am now about to put in a second claim for the Campylobactor so won't know for a while how this one goes.

I don't know if this helps. Insurance is always such a gamble and I'm sure they all have their faults but you can only do your best to cover as many things as you require and then cross your fingers.

Good luck with your search for the right one.

Thanks for your help , there are so many different ones merlin is nearly 14 months old and one company quoted me nearly £40 a month where as argos is £13.18 a month , there policy seems a lot better as well , Thankyou for your help. jane and merlin

PostPosted: 07 Dec 2010, 22:37 

Hi,

We have Argos platinum insurance for Dexter and we have claimed :D

We pay £15 as it goes up usually every year, but I have found them very good.

Dexter had an ear infection and the vets bill came to £408 and argos paid out minus access within 3 weeks :D

Also when I phoned, to enquire about something they were very helpful and polite :D

http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac24 ... 5647_o.jpg[/img]

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2010, 19:14 

thanks everybody , have made my mind up argos it is . jane and merlin

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2010, 13:52 

Hehe I don't think Argos are too bad actually. I am with Healthy pets and pay a little under £10 per month for £7500 worth of cover. Worth a look at least if you havent bought already: http://www.healthy-pets.co.uk

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2010, 18:47 

Wow!! That sounds good. My quote from their Platinum service for my 4 1/2 month microchipped labradoodle with no health conditions and listed as 'crossbreed' was £20.04 a month!!!! How can that be?

Suzi

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2010, 19:20 

Suzi Canfield wrote:
Wow!! That sounds good. My quote from their Platinum service for my 4 1/2 month microchipped labradoodle with no health conditions and listed as 'crossbreed' was £20.04 a month!!!! How can that be?

Suzi

Not sure how they work it out . merlin is 14 months microchipped and entered as crossbreed with no health problems ,not sure if they go on area , i know a lady who lives not far away and hers was more due to the area she lived. Did you use argos or somebody else ? . jane and merlin

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2010, 19:21 

doodledo2 wrote:
Hehe I don't think Argos are too bad actually. I am with Healthy pets and pay a little under £10 per month for £7500 worth of cover. Worth a look at least if you havent bought already: http://www.healthy-pets.co.uk

just been to healthy pets they want over £20 a month. jane and merlin

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2010, 01:30 

I'm trying to decide which to go with. It varies from Aviva Gold which is £13.15 a month for up to £3,500 of cover, Debenhams Silver for £4,000 cover fo £15.24, The Post Office - £17.08 a month for up to £5,000 cover, AXA - £17.39 for £7,000 cover, John Lewis - £17.64 for £3,500 cover, Animal Friends Superior Plus - £17.98 for £4,000 cover, Debenhams Gold - £19.67 for £7,000 cover and Argos Platinum - £20.04 - £7,000 cover. So, the Aviva seems best. BUT - it seems so many are paying less than this!! Roxie's only 4 1/2 months old and she's microchipped and has no health probs. Her parents had good hip scores too, but they don't know this, of course!!!

Only John Lewis and Argos don't have labradoodle down as an option. The others do, but if I write down labradoodle, most of them charge more, so the price above is the price quoted for crossbreed. Then I'm worried that if I've not said 'labradoodle' that they won't pay out if I make a claim and they discover she's a labradoodle. Mind you, she's a miniature labradoodle, which none have down - and it might make a difference that she's smaller????

I want cover abroad as well, but some say up to a certain number of months and others give a price that they'll pay up - so I'm confused as to what that means!!!

Help!

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2010, 01:42 

Hi again, I've just put in my mum's postcode in Wiltshire to see if that changed the price of the Argos quote and it didn't. Then I put that she'd been neutered and that didn't change the quote either. Then I put that she was 6 months older and that didn't change it either!!! Did you put down that she was crossbreed? That's what I put. There's no labradoodle.

I'd be quite happy to go with them, but don't want to pay £20 a month - and I don't know why I have been quoted that if you've been quoted much less. Where in Hampshire do you live?

Suzi

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2010, 02:10 

doodledo2 wrote:

Healthy pets wanted £27.18 but discounted it to £22.65 to give the same £7500 of cover for Poppy , a thirteen month speyed healthy Labradoodle, don't think I will be choosing them :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2010, 17:43 

Hi Suzi , I am going to go with Argos as the other quotes i got were alot dearer , i put merlin in as a crossbreed . jane and merlin