insurance

Discussion of experiences with obtaining and claiming on Pet Insurance, how to select an insurer and what to look for in a policy
jane and merlin

insurance

Post by jane and merlin » 27 Jan 2011, 21:13

As you know merlin was poorly before christmas , as the vet bill was nearly £350 i claimed on his insurance. I got a letter 2 days ago to say the form has been passed to the claims office , then today i get a email to say i need to get my vet to give them merlin's case history , phoned the vet . They first sent everything on the 6 jan and they had another request from the company again today , so they send it all again. I phoned the company later today for them to say they have not got the info again :? :? it has been sent by email and fax ,think they are just stalling my vet has said they have nothing but trouble with this company , so i wait with baited breath to see what they say now. jane and merlin
Image Image

kizzie whizz

Re: insurance

Post by kizzie whizz » 27 Jan 2011, 21:29

At least they haven't said it was a 'pre-existing' condition :evil:
Wendy, Kizzie Whizz and Murphy
ImageImage

jane and merlin

Post by jane and merlin » 27 Jan 2011, 21:32

kizzie whizz wrote:At least they haven't said it was a 'pre-existing' condition :evil:
not yet i am waiting for that one . jane and merlin
Image Image

lizziesmum

Post by lizziesmum » 28 Jan 2011, 11:17

Which company is it?

awaitingrodders

Post by awaitingrodders » 28 Jan 2011, 13:04

Oh jane, what a pain x I know we have always paid a lot of money for our insurance but I have to say that with our cat, after the dog attack years ago he had nearly £2k worth of vet bills and it was all paid no issue. Then our other cat (sadly not withe us now) got attacked by the same dog, insured by the same company and she had a £1k worth of surgery....again paid up no issue x

Pet Plan life insurance, £30 - 40 a month for a doggy but unless you are great at saving money for stuff like this, which we are not, its the only way we felt we could be happy that this would never happen.

Good luck there Jane.
Fleur Bear Flip Flop x

jane and merlin

Post by jane and merlin » 28 Jan 2011, 16:52

lizziesmum wrote:Which company is it?
THe Company is E&l i would never use them again i have changed to Argos now ,
Image Image

jane and merlin

Post by jane and merlin » 28 Jan 2011, 16:58

awaitingrodders wrote:Oh jane, what a pain x I know we have always paid a lot of money for our insurance but I have to say that with our cat, after the dog attack years ago he had nearly £2k worth of vet bills and it was all paid no issue. Then our other cat (sadly not withe us now) got attacked by the same dog, insured by the same company and she had a £1k worth of surgery....again paid up no issue x

Pet Plan life insurance, £30 - 40 a month for a doggy but unless you are great at saving money for stuff like this, which we are not, its the only way we felt we could be happy that this would never happen.

Good luck there Jane.
Hi Sam , Thats why i took out insurance for that reason i even checked them out before i took it out , will keep you posted. jane and merlin
Image Image

Nicky

Post by Nicky » 28 Jan 2011, 21:59

jane and merlin wrote:
lizziesmum wrote:Which company is it?
THe Company is E&l i would never use them again i have changed to Argos now ,

Glad you have changed yor insurance, they should pay out without quibble :(

I'm with Argos insurance and I am very happy with them, they paid out a £400 vet bill within 3 weeks without a hitch :D

jane and merlin

Post by jane and merlin » 15 Feb 2011, 19:20

jane and merlin wrote:As you know merlin was poorly before christmas , as the vet bill was nearly £350 i claimed on his insurance. I got a letter 2 days ago to say the form has been passed to the claims office , then today i get a email to say i need to get my vet to give them merlin's case history , phoned the vet . They first sent everything on the 6 jan and they had another request from the company again today , so they send it all again. I phoned the company later today for them to say they have not got the info again :? :? it has been sent by email and fax ,think they are just stalling my vet has said they have nothing but trouble with this company , so i wait with baited breath to see what they say now. jane and merlin
I take back all i said , just heard today they are going to pay up :D :D . jane and merlin
Image Image

Freddies_mum

Post by Freddies_mum » 15 Feb 2011, 22:00

That's good new Jane. You can just do without the worry and hassle can't you!

nutttymutts

Post by nutttymutts » 15 Feb 2011, 23:15

That is good news Jane, I am with Pet Plan Life Too though expensive at least they pay our vets direct so we don't have to worry about claiming it back. I feel that If I had the money to pay for the vet bill outright in the first place then I would not need insurance to cover the vet fee's (Just the way I view it be it right or wrong)