including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 26 Sep 2017, 08:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Bye Bye M&S
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2011, 11:27 

I received my renewal invitation over the weekend for Polo's pet insurance.

2 years ago, I took out M&S's Premier cover £7000 vets fees etc. and the first premium was approx £14.00 per month, renewed with them last year even though premium was increased to approx £17.00per month.

This year they want £20.99 per month!!! Thats a 50% increase over 2 years. Nothing has changed other than him growing up a little and now neutered which I would have thought go in his favour, and no claims.

They are not prepared to reconsider and offered usual rubbish excuses. :evil: :evil:

Needless to say, I have sought alternatives and John Lewis is looking extremely attractive at £13.55 per month for similar cover.

(Needed to get that off my chest, thank you!)

Post subject: Re: Bye Bye M&S
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2011, 12:03 

The trouble is they've got you over a barrel if you have claimed, as then that trouble becomes something they have already and the next insurer won't insure you for it. So you need to choose your insurer VERY carefully.

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2011, 12:46 

Hi, yes I'm with John Lewis too, I pay £12.50 per month. It was formerly Greenbee, and Greenbee appears on my bank statement as taking the direct debit. I think quite a few people on here use them. We've never had to make a claim (touch wood!) so I can't say how good they are but the price is certainly more than competitive. They don't specify labradoodles so Bella's down as a crossbreed. :)

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2011, 13:34 

I'm with M&S and I agree with you the price hike is not funny!
Unfortunatly Herbie had an accident with his back legs and although I didn't need to claim when I went to change noone woud cover his knees just in case so I'm stuck the hydro has worked but in case he does need new knees in the future we cann't change :cry: :cry:
Good luck with the company
Alison

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2011, 21:34 

Liz! wrote:
The trouble is they've got you over a barrel if you have claimed, as then that trouble becomes something they have already and the next insurer won't insure you for it. So you need to choose your insurer VERY carefully.

Agree, but this is even without a claim.

Proof of a good insurer, is in their claims settlement service, which of course, we don't find out until we need to use it. :roll: