including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 26 Sep 2017, 08:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Cover4Pets - anyone have this insurance ?
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2011, 22:16 

they seem to offer pretty much the same as john lewis and pet plan but in addition they say their premiums will not increase yearly, they will only increase with inflation which to us sounds good because our last insurance just kept going up and up - so does anyone have any experience of this company ? thank you :)

Post subject: Re: Cover4Pets - anyone have this insurance ?
PostPosted: 20 Oct 2011, 22:33 

We're researching insurance and haven't come across this one ly (probably going to go with Tesco) but just wanted to say your Luna is simply A-Dor-A-Ble - :D As if you didn't know :lol:

Ever wonder where you'd end up if you took your dog for a walk and never once pulled back on the leash? Robert Brault

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2011, 23:52 

I've not come across them, but it does sound like an odd claim, and one that would be hard to prove. Inflation has been on the increase since March 2009, and is currently at slightly over 5%.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2011, 00:01 

Before you look and think that your getting a good deal. The cheaper ones will only cover some things once. So your dog breaks a leg. You may not claim for that type of injury again. Some will only insure up to the dog is age 8 years

We are with pet plan as the pet is insured for life, you can get them to pay the vet direct, they will pay towards other alternative treatment
YES they are expensive but imo they are the best. All I can suggest is look at set plan and what the others offer and hopefully you will be able to find what suits you best.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2011, 12:56 

Quote:
just wanted to say your Luna is simply A-Dor-A-Ble - :D As if you didn't know :lol:

so very very adorable :D thank you.

thanks all - i have looked into pet plan and am thinking of just going with them now and its a bit cheaper when you do your policy on line.

the other one was the john lewis policy but although its meant to be a life time policy it doesnt actually state this !

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2011, 14:44 

nutttymutts wrote:
, they will pay towards other alternative treatment .

Well they may, and they may not! As you know Daze has HD and Petplan were paying for her hydrotherapy. Then they decided to change their policy - yes, they can do that whenever they like :shock: . They decided that from then onwards theywould only pay for 10 swims, as that is sufficient to recover from an injury. It isn't sufficient for a lifelong condition though :evil: . Since I am already claiming for a condition, I can't change to another company, and I am not getting the cover I chose when I selected Petplan. :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2011, 17:39 

we're with pet-plan and when we needed all the behavioural help with Wil, they covered everything, including a 4 week residential, and just to say this was through Sarah Heath ... so not cheap !
but as everyone says you need to look into all of them & take whats best for you
... good luck :)