including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 26 Sep 2017, 08:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Liverpool Victoria Pet Insurance.
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2012, 17:05 

Hello

I spent days searching the internet including using GoCompare and Comparethemarket looking for pet insurance for Charlie. I then decided to look at other companies to see what they were offering and I came across Liverpool Victoria and I decided to take out their Premium pet insurance. The main reason why I made this decision was the fact LV is a mutual society and has no shareholders to pay dividends and therefore they offer pet owners a better deal. At a cost of £13.08 per month Charlie is covered for £5000 per illness with no time limit. Some of the companies I looked at using the comparison websites were asking for double the monthly payments for the same type of cover.

The excess on this policy is £60 per condition. :roll:

Post subject: Re: Liverpool Victoria Pet Insurance.
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2012, 17:26 

Just had a quick look, and it seems that the £5000 per illness is the max :? I think the policies that are £xxxx per year might be a better bet. Daisy would have blown that limit on her ears and her hips by now.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2012, 18:27 

Bid wrote:
Just had a quick look, and it seems that the £5000 per illness is the max :? I think the policies that are £xxxx per year might be a better bet. Daisy would have blown that limit on her ears and her hips by now.

Yes it is the maximum for each ailment but I will stick with it for this year anyway and look at it again when the renewal comes up next year. :lol:

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2012, 20:20 

Troutangler wrote:
Bid wrote:

Yes it is the maximum for each ailment but I will stick with it for this year anyway and look at it again when the renewal comes up next year. :lol:

A good recommendation for some people, but I do think it's important to have a for life cover rather than renewing every year - particularly at £13 a month.

Barney costs £18 through Pet Plan and he's covered up to £4k each year and his illness will always be covered each year.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2012, 20:56 

Maggie111 wrote:
Troutangler wrote:
Bid wrote:

A good recommendation for some people, but I do think it's important to have a for life cover rather than renewing every year - particularly at £13 a month.

Barney costs £18 through Pet Plan and he's covered up to £4k each year and his illness will always be covered each year.

Thanks for your information and I will go down this road next year :wink:

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2012, 21:27 

Whilst Polo has £7000 for life cover with John Lewis for £15 ish a month :?

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2012, 22:09 

Thought I would mention that should a claim be made in any year, when it comes to renewal and a change of insurance company anything previously claimed for will not be covered by new insurance company, they class this as a pre existing condition :( , one other point to bare in mind is some of the insurance companies who do a variety of policy's ie car home and pet are now no longer doing pet insurance so any existing clients have to look elsewhere and again any pre existing conditions will not be covered. I personally recommend healthy pets, £28 per month for both of my doodles who both have £7500 worth of lifetime cover for every illness or accident should it ever happen :( :( they pay direct to my vet and very quickly, excess is £75

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2012, 23:29 

Alfitil wrote:
Thought I would mention that should a claim be made in any year, when it comes to renewal and a change of insurance company anything previously claimed for will not be covered by new insurance company, they class this as a pre existing condition :( , one other point to bare in mind is some of the insurance companies who do a variety of policy's ie car home and pet are now no longer doing pet insurance so any existing clients have to look elsewhere and again any pre existing conditions will not be covered. I personally recommend healthy pets, £28 per month for both of my doodles who both have £7500 worth of lifetime cover for every illness or accident should it ever happen :( :( they pay direct to my vet and very quickly, excess is £75

Thank you very much for this information, I will look at my cover again while I still have time to cancel the policy :lol:

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2012, 19:03 

I have just gone through all this insurance renewal and found that my premuims were costing double for lifetime that any else was paying on here and i found out it is where i live, within the M25, the ilfetime premium was 32.00 a month for willow and she is two with no pre existing conditions. I just could not afford this with petplan so opted for their 12 month essential which is 16.00 per month and I know once i claim for something, once the year is up or 3000.00, then she is not covered.

I just have to take that chance with her I am afraid and hope that she does not get anything for life but I am covered for any accidents.

Insurance is a risky buisness but at least im insured.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2012, 19:26 

Webbs wrote:
I have just gone through all this insurance renewal and found that my premuims were costing double for lifetime that any else was paying on here and i found out it is where i live, within the M25, the ilfetime premium was 32.00 a month for willow and she is two with no pre existing conditions. I just could not afford this with petplan so opted for their 12 month essential which is 16.00 per month and I know once i claim for something, once the year is up or 3000.00, then she is not covered.

I just have to take that chance with her I am afraid and hope that she does not get anything for life but I am covered for any accidents.

Insurance is a risky buisness but at least im insured.

I personally think insurance compan 8) ies are ripping off pet owners :roll: