Are More Than having a laugh?

Discussion of experiences with obtaining and claiming on Pet Insurance, how to select an insurer and what to look for in a policy
Vincento

Are More Than having a laugh?

Post by Vincento » 10 Jul 2012, 13:41

Hi All Haven't posted for a while due to other things happening and life in general :roll:
We have just had our renewal quote from More Than and it's gone from £16.51 to £25.54 per month (for 12 months) is this the norm these days or is it due to the fact we now have an older dog (Vince is 8 in November) ...would love to hear if any other's have had a price hike recently :?:
Vince doodle ...you will always find him in the kitchen at parties ......

ImageImage

MandyG

Re: Are More Than having a laugh?

Post by MandyG » 10 Jul 2012, 15:10

It does sound very high to me. I pay £33 a month for two older cats and a puppy doodle.

Love and licks, Phoebe and Mandy

pixie's mum

Post by pixie's mum » 10 Jul 2012, 15:24

I am not with more than but noticed a big hike as my mastiff got to 8 as this seems to be the cut off age to start insurance on most dogs. So once your dog is 8 you are pretty much stuck with the same company and they hike it yearly too.
If you do consider changing companies be careful of any pre-existing conditions not being covered but otherwise check out other insurances before your other dog is too old to move companies.
I am with sainsburys which have been very good and paid out quickly and efficiently but I have heard good reprots of John Lewis too
Kathy
ImageImage
ImageImage

Rowan11

Post by Rowan11 » 10 Jul 2012, 21:55

hi - we were with More Than for our last dog (a mini schnauzer). we had no issues with them, they paid up twice. BUT they kept putting the price up - Mylo died when he was 9 and the price had crept up to £35.00 per month by then. for this reason i wouldnt use them again. we are giving John Lewis a go this time :roll:
Dawn & Luna x

hollyminidoodle

Post by hollyminidoodle » 10 Jul 2012, 22:10

Think we pay £19 a month for Holly's insurance.. she's 7 months. We're with Helpucover.co.uk.

Katie & Holly doodle

nicollf

Post by nicollf » 11 Jul 2012, 08:12

I have never been with More Than but the same thing happened to me when my last dog turned 8 and I moved from Pet Plan to Sainsbury's who have, so far, been great both for Amber who lived to 12 and Lottie who is now 19 months. I echo the advise about pre-existing conditions above.

Fiona

Vincento

Post by Vincento » 11 Jul 2012, 15:31

Thanks everyone for your replies all of them have an assortment of sound advice....we have contacted More Than and they checked but cannot lower the charge which is more than 50 per cent increase. We have until the 30th...so will check out others and keep in mind the 8 year age thing. Luckily Vince hasn't had any health issues as such but we like to make sure we don't have any big bills in future :D
Vince doodle ...you will always find him in the kitchen at parties ......

ImageImage

Maggie111

Post by Maggie111 » 11 Jul 2012, 15:52

I met some insurance agents from More Than who said their product was "sh1t" (they were off duty and drunk).

Their recommendation was to go with Marks and Spencers who had the best value.

I am with Pet Plan and very happy.

Freddies_mum

Post by Freddies_mum » 13 Jul 2012, 13:05

I'm with More Than and their prices do seem to be increasing rapidly, though I haven't yet found anyone else that much cheaper. I rang them when I got my latest renewal and they reduced the renewal quote by £3 a month. Mind you, Jasper is having tests at the moment that have cost over £2,000 and we're still no nearer to a diagnosis, so I am getting my money's worth. I'm not looking forward to next year's renewal though!

Maisy12

Post by Maisy12 » 17 Jul 2012, 15:38

I'm with More than but have only been with them a few months it seemed the best value for money £15 something a month, i've already claimed since i had to pay over £100 at the vets so got some of it back but will this affect next years insurance if i claim everytime i go to the vets or will it only affect if we go over the yearly amount?? so confused, thanks.
ImageImage
Claire & Maisy

froglover

Post by froglover » 29 Aug 2013, 14:07

we are with more than its about £12 a month
with our 8 year old Lab with serious health issues we are with sainsburys,now £128 a month!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

gilly g

Post by gilly g » 29 Aug 2013, 14:53

It's not just MoreThan.

I have used John Lewis for the past 2 years for Polo. This year renewal was invited at just shy of £21.00, up from £14, so a 50% hike!!. ( I know others pay more than this and it's "only" £7 but it's the principle) l have never claimed and it cannot be age related as Polo was only 4 in May.

I think all underwriters are hiking premiums this year, certainly for the type of Lifetime cover we have: I shopped around and found John Lewis to be cheaper than others, even with such a hefty percentage increase, so renewed with them. (A friend who has 2 5yo Dobermans, was with John Lewis and her premiums went up from £800 to £2000pa!! 1 claim last year £170. Needless to say she didn't renew and is self insuring this year)

suebedo

Post by suebedo » 29 Aug 2013, 15:30

froglover wrote:we are with more than its about £12 a month
with our 8 year old Lab with serious health issues we are with sainsburys,now £128 a month!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

What! £128 per month? Did I read that right, for Sainsburys? We're there pre-existing conditions when you insured. Was it cheaper when the Lab was 7? So many questions!!!!

froglover

Post by froglover » 29 Aug 2013, 16:28

last year it was £56,he has had skin cancer and many operations,we are only going to pay it for another year as he has just had 8 huge lumps removed :?

yes £7,500 per condition,he is allergic to beef,pork lamb and dust,has had inflammatory bowel disease and is having monthly Immunotherapy for allergies and for some reason after being so shocked by our insurance premium we saw an advert for a 10 month old doodle and went and bought him,so we are mad :lol:

as a pup we were paying about £10.00 a month

Bid

Post by Bid » 30 Aug 2013, 00:16

I am expecting a hike next year when Daze is 8 - I think they usually put the premiums up at that age. We are with Petplan, and so far we have only had a minimal increase each year, ins spite of many many claims for Daisy!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron