including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 21 Sep 2017, 15:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Coop insuarance
PostPosted: 11 May 2015, 19:44 

Hi, I am new to the site and have a puppy coming this week. Just wondered if anyone has used coop for insurance. It looks on par with petplan and a trustworthy insurer. If anyone has any other puppy insurance recommendations, I would be grateful.

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Coop insuarance
PostPosted: 11 May 2015, 21:05 

I am with petplan - I like that they don't increase their premiums hugely year on year, or when you claim. I've no idea what the Co-op are like, but there was a spell a couple of years ago when some banks stopped offering pet insurance, and it left those customers already claiming unable to get cover, so it may be worth checking out companies who only do pet insurance as they are unlikely to stop!

PostPosted: 11 May 2015, 21:53 

Im with petplan and haven't had to claim thank gd but I did on my other pet and they were good so I carried on

ImageImage

PostPosted: 12 May 2015, 08:57 

Welcome how exciting a new pup on the way, I remember it well.
Insurance! We have a pet plan at the vets which pays for all the flea worm and other regular treatment including annual jabs, also 2health checks a year I've found it good value. Also for the accidents and other traumas produced by doodles I researched and came up with Sainsbury's pet insurance. Make sure from the start that it is a "for life " plan. Cheap 1 year plans are no good if your pet has a long term condition, when you come to renew your 1year at a time policy, it will not cover that condition and other insurers will not either. On a life plan it will continue to cover the condition over the years as long as you renew the policy. I unfortunately had to use my life policy with Holly in her 1st year( eating Stones !) £2,000 plus paid without quibble. and if there had been long term consequences it would have continued to pay.
Good luck with the journey home I remember that all to well! Sick everywhere!! Go prepared with towels, wet wipes (just like for a baby)
Best wishes photos soon as poss. Kathie and Holly

PostPosted: 13 May 2015, 19:18 

Yes, I am not looking forward to the trip - nearly
3 hours away and longer with toilet breaks!