my poor girl

Discussion of experiences with obtaining and claiming on Pet Insurance, how to select an insurer and what to look for in a policy
dexysback

my poor girl

Post by dexysback » 15 Nov 2015, 20:55

Just got back from our turkey and tinsel weekend with our camping rally,to find my poor 18 year old not too good ,my daughter said she has not eaten at all weekend ,she is blind and death and when last took too vets they said her kidneys wasn't too good.So she is off on her last trip to vets tomorrow,i don't want my baby to suffer anymore ,she is name milly and is so sweet natured,im going to miss her so much.Dreading it so much.
ImageImage

Lawsyd

Re: my poor girl

Post by Lawsyd » 15 Nov 2015, 21:10

My sympathies are with you. We had to go through the same pain with our late Heinz 57 - Jimmy - back in July. The day Jimmy had 'the injection' was horrible & will stick in my mind (& that of my wife) forever. But, amazingly, life goes on & little more than a month after Jimmy died our beautiful doodle puppy, Sooty, came into our lives.

Our thoughts are with you tomorrow. Be brave.

Bid

Post by Bid » 16 Nov 2015, 00:31

So sorry :( . It's a great age, but I know that doesn't help - it just means it's that much harder to say goodbye.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 16 Nov 2015, 08:38

It is a good age but never a good age for us to see our poorly pets. Sending you hugs xxx
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

Bo Diddly

Post by Bo Diddly » 16 Nov 2015, 12:09

Feel for you, it's so so hard to make that decision.
Thinking of you.

dexysback

Post by dexysback » 16 Nov 2015, 13:59

we took milly to vets this morning ,and they have put her on a drip to help her kidneys ,but i think at 18 and 5 months old they are just prolonging the outcome ,they will phone me later today and then i will now the verdict,but she is blind and death a swell ,she copes ok but as i said to vet i don't want her suffering if in any pain ,i will know more later.
ImageImage

pixie's mum

Post by pixie's mum » 16 Nov 2015, 17:53

So sorry Elaine

It's so hard to say goodbye but you have given her a long happy life.
Thinking of you
Pixie and Jazz and me of course
ImageImage
ImageImage

Coco and Annie

Post by Coco and Annie » 16 Nov 2015, 20:18

Thinking of you. X

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 16 Nov 2015, 23:33

I've only just seen your post, Elaine. I'm so sorry, you must be in emotional turmoil... I'm thinking of you and your little girl tonight.
Anne, Ianto & Wyre xxx

dexysback

Post by dexysback » 17 Nov 2015, 19:56

The vet phoned me today and said ,they had done an x ray and they saw something on lungs ,they said it could be fluid or cancer ,and her breathing wasn't good .They said they could give her another drug and see if any better tomorrow but at her age wouldn't be good ,so i decided to have her put too sleep ,i saw her and she had a drip on front paw and one on back and she seemed very uncomfortable i stayed with her a little and gave her last kiss ,but as i move her it hurt so i do wish i had done it yesterday and not put her through it.My little granddaughter gave her a kiss a swell and then john took her out when they put cat to sleep she was very good and said milly going to Jesus .I brought her home and buried her in the flower bed ,going to miss her so much,i even let dexter see her for him to say goodbye.RIP my little milly mo.
ImageImage

Lawsyd

Post by Lawsyd » 18 Nov 2015, 08:00

RIP Milly.

Debby

Post by Debby » 18 Nov 2015, 12:19

A sad time
They bring so much love and joy into our lives they leave a huge void when we have to say goodbye
It takes time to heal and be able to remember all the good times
Wish you strength
Debby

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 18 Nov 2015, 17:56

Don't have any regrets, Elaine... You gave Milly a long and happy life with your family. And you did the best for her at the end. It's a dreadful decision to have to make - we always hope that our much-loved companions will simply drift peacefully away in their sleep - often, this is not to be... You made the right choice at the right time - it's just that grief sometimes makes us question ourselves.

Our pets have things to teach us, and your little granddaughter, in being able to say Goodbye to Milly has learned about loss and death; about how it is sad but also natural and therefore not something to be feared - bless her, although she will miss Milly (as will you all) she will be comforted too.

It was a very good thought to let Dexter see Milly, now he won't be wondering what happened to her as he might have done if she had simply left the house and not returned... Sleep well, little Milly, safe in the garden of your family.

Sending hugs,
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 19 Nov 2015, 08:01

So sorry. You did the right thing for Millie. Rip Millie
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 19 Nov 2015, 23:22

Oh Elaine, so tough :(
Milly Mo had a good innings being with you and your family.
Lovely you remembered to let Dexter see her one last time.
RIP now Milly
x