including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 26 Jun 2019, 18:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Names?
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2012, 10:59 

Hi everyone! Gosh it's been a long time since we have had one of these threads. And :oops: a while since iv posted. I pop in from time to time but with my mad house it's not always easy to find time to post.
**waves**
I'm sam and my husband is David we have 1 son who we see in our minds and hold in our hearts and 2nd son (8) and 2 daughters (6,4) that we see with my eyes and hold in my arms. In the house we also have my gramps (94), bob the cat (6), Herbert the Doodle (2) and Ted the setter, collie cross (1). I also look after my nephew (1) 2 days a week and my other nephew and niece (4,1) another 2 days a week. I run a caravan storage facility and small camp site along side all the kids,dogs and grandfather LOL

Herbert is my <3 I adore him, he is smart loving and gentle.

Ted is my ...... Nightmare, we got him from rescue 1 y ago aged 5 months, he is ... Not very bright, with complex social confusions and has cost us a fortune in re fencing so he doesnt bite anyone. :roll: but he is loving and Herbert and he are great mates.

Oh and in my spare time this is what i enjoy doing - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... =74868d258

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2012, 11:54 

sammylou wrote:
Hi everyone! Gosh it's been a long time since we have had one of these threads. And :oops: a while since iv posted. I pop in from time to time but with my mad house it's not always easy to find time to post.
**waves**
I'm sam and my husband is David we have 1 son who we see in our minds and hold in our hearts and 2nd son (8) and 2 daughters (6,4) that we see with my eyes and hold in my arms. In the house we also have my gramps (94), bob the cat (6), Herbert the Doodle (2) and Ted the setter, collie cross (1). I also look after my nephew (1) 2 days a week and my other nephew and niece (4,1) another 2 days a week. I run a caravan storage facility and small camp site along side all the kids,dogs and grandfather LOL

Herbert is my <3 I adore him, he is smart loving and gentle.

Ted is my ...... Nightmare, we got him from rescue 1 y ago aged 5 months, he is ... Not very bright, with complex social confusions and has cost us a fortune in re fencing so he doesnt bite anyone. :roll: but he is loving and Herbert and he are great mates.

Oh and in my spare time this is what i enjoy doing - http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... =74868d258

Wowzers! You have a lot going on, don't you? Beautiful cakes - you're so clever!

Anyhow - hello! *Monty waves a paw*

I also sew stuff for animals http://www.kitsch-n-sniff.co.uk

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2012, 20:31 

sammylou wrote:

Your cakes are amazing :shock: Your SO talented!!

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2012, 22:31 

I've just read through this thread, it is really great to hear all about everyone! What a lovely group of diverse people! Only problem is it will be hard to remember who is who!!!

xx Fiona and Lottie

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 20:39 

Hi I,m Pamela and I normally write it on the bottom of my messages, bit old fashioned really, like I,m writing someone a letter!! However, that's me!! My hubby is Neil and we are expecting a little girl doodle to be born this week!! Hopefully the mum will have some girls. We will be very dissapointed if she has all boys. We are going to call her bailee. We are getting her from rais doodles. Just me and Neil at home. Have gained lots of useful info from coming on this site. Pamela x

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 20:56 

Hi Pamela, fingers crossed for your doodle girl :D . But I bet you could easily fall in love with a doodle boy if mum has all boys :wink: . Love the name, are you hoping for her to be cream? Good luck, & let us know when the wee one arrives into the world. :D

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 21:29 

What a lovely thread :D And what lovely people and interesting stories about their lives - heartwarming, all of them :D

We are me, Eileen, Ei for short (and I am....short :lol: ) and Mad Molly Doodle aged almost 6, and Saffie Squeak Doodle aged 4 and a half. I have 2 grown up daughters, 2 lovely sils, and 2 gorgeous grandsons, who both arrived in our world last year :D :D

Both daughters have numerous allergies, including dog allergy, which have perversely got worse with age :( We did manage to have a family dog when they were growing up .....she is waiting for us at the Rainbow Bridge xx We are hoping that the baby boys will not develop the same allergies. We will try to make sure they can grow up knowing and loving dogs nevertheless. :D

I should also add that I do not advocate doodles for allergy sufferers .....we can manage the situation because my daughters are grown up and have their own homes......I have seen too many doodles and families torn apart because of wrong information about allergy-friendliness .... sorry to finish with a soap-box-speech :oops: xx

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2012, 22:16 

Hi - in our house there is... me, Glenda, hubby Chris, doodles Jessie (nearly 2 yrs old) and Dooley (just over 1 yr old) and our yorkie Deano, who is 6 yrs old; also moggies Jerry (4 yrs old) and Riley who is 3 yrs old. :D :D

We have 4 children who have all flown the nest... our two eldest sons have 3 children each, so 6 grandchildren aged between 16 and 6! Our youngest son (who is 29) is getting married in June and our only daughter (who is 25) is getting married next year. :D :D

That's it!! :lol: :lol:

ImageImage

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2012, 12:38 

Hi everyone and thanks Kate for starting this thread........sorry I've only just found it :roll: It's great matching hoomans to their doodles and lovely to hear about everyone's lives....... :lol:

I'm Mimi, husband is Phil, we met whilst I was at uni studying fashion design.......he came home with me one night and never left, lol! Originally from Hampshire, we have one son Sebastian who is 22 and hasn't lived at home since going off to uni soon after his 18th birthday. He and his g/f have been together since they were 16 and they have just bought a flat together in London......but they love visiting us at our (latest, as we make a bit of a habit of house renovating) project of a house in a Wiltshire village :D They are both very career-focussed so no plans for any babies.......thank god, as I feel mid forties is waaaaaay too young to be getting into grandparenting :lol: Sharing our home we have Rossetti (Zetti) the ASD mini doodle, Archie (aged 12, domestic longhair), Nellie (aged 6 tortie persian) and Phoebe (aged 6 in May, red persian).

Mimi x

[url=http://pitapata.com]Image[url]

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2012, 13:01 

I've been meaning to add to this lovely thread for days, but usually read this forum over my morning porridge with family all busy getting ready for the day, so never have time to reply.

There's me, Rebecca (or Bec to my friends); Noodles (or Noods to hers), my husband, three children, son 14, daughters 11 and 8, the moggie Boo, and two fish (no idea of their names :oops: - they belong to the youngest and OH oversees them).

We also love to renovate! Our current house has been rebuilt over 5 years and is very nearly finished :D :D

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2012, 15:16 

rebecca0969 wrote:

We also love to renovate! Our current house has been rebuilt over 5 years and is very nearly finished :D :D

Hi Rebecca and Noodles :D

Gosh, you're lucky.......we've only justed started on this one! Have been in a year next month and although it was classed as 'a half-finished project' when we bought it - and that was after the previous owner had been here 20 years, lol! - we've barely scratched the surface so far. In fact next week our main job is due to get underway......the kitchen extension.......I just hope the weather's a bit better than now as it's raining cats and doodles here at the mo :roll:

Hope you guys have many happy years in your almost finished house :D

Mimi x

[url=http://pitapata.com]Image[url]