including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 17 Jun 2019, 16:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Names?
PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 20:26 

Ok, to wander slightly off topic, I am shocked that any reference to Stan and Ollie could be seen as an age thing. I'm going off to huff in a corner :cry: because I'm approaching 40!!!!
And did feel young.... :lol:
Mind you, all these wonderful doods are quite a tonic!!

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 21:19 

Hi Kate, Im Alison (alibobs has always been my nickname) and my hubby is Peter. We have two teenage crazy children: Ethan (18) and Amy (16) a rabbit called Jimmy and of course our lovely Lola.

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 21:26 

Quote:
Ok, to wander slightly off topic, I am shocked that any reference to Stan and Ollie could be seen as an age thing. I'm going off to huff in a corner because I'm approaching 40!!!

Aw, Jo, sorry! If it's any comfort, I'm just 41 and was pretty shocked by the blank expressions from anyone under about 35 when we told them Stan's name :lol:

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 21:41 

Hello, I'm Lisa 27 yrs old and im afraid i don't get the stan thing :-*
in our house is Michael and our daughter Yzabella-raye pronounced Izabella who is 2 and Jessie doodle who is 4 months and at weekends and holidays michaels 7 year old daughter stays with us x

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 21:43 

Hey Im Daise as name says, I have 2 naughty doodles, Gracie and Maddie, and 2 children, one 17 and one 13 and a hubby named chris xxx

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 21:46 

Hi i'm Sarah, we have a still un-named doodle :roll: on the way (in 8 days....its dragging!!) and a 7 year old beddlington terrier X whippet called Peppa :mrgreen: We also have a tortoise named Speedy and some fish :lol:

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 21:57 

Hi well we live up to our name. this is in age decent

Hubby
I'm Caz (Caroline)
1 stepson
1 son
1 daughter
1 Westie Skye
1 Dood Asha
1 pony ( Hubby 50 and I was 40 last month we got nothing and duaghter was GIVEN A PONY) :shock: :shock: :shock: ( She looks after it and owners pay for it.) :)

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 22:03 

Birds can be destructive, but usually only with things like raffia, cardboard, wood etc, they can also be chewers. Even our little parrots beak can get into almonds so they are quote strong. I can confirm it flipping hurts if you get nipped, thankfully Dylan is so soppy it only happens if he is scared or hurt. We did discover quite soon after getting Stout even a gentle warning nip keeps puppy dog noses away from parrot cages!!

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 22:23 

:lol: :lol: Forgot to mention we also have a tortoise named vern who is undecided whether he is in or out of hibernation just now.. :? and 4 chickens: Lola, Luna, Peggy and Cilla and a share of a Arab mare called Malli..xx

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 22:56 

Hi everyone - I'm another Lisa! There's me, other half, 17 year old daughter and our 11 week old doodle, Coco. Our much loved 12 year old terrier Millie was sadly pts last month. We had parrots years ago and one used to drive the poor dog mad by shouting 'walkies' all the time :lol: Also had a mynah bird called Eric who came from a tropical pet centre and could do a mean impersonation of a snake :shock:

PostPosted: 13 Apr 2012, 23:05 

Our house contains:
Me - Lisa
Doodle - rhubarb
Hubby & 2 kids
1 cat - lily
2 fish - marsell & anon
3 African lands nails - lynford, Aaron & Patrick.

There is no more room at the inn!

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2012, 00:57 

G'Day,

I'm Mick, married to Wendy and our Doodle is Aero!!

We are one of the Aussie doodle owners who frequent this great site/forum...primarily for me it was because I could find nothing even remotely as good, friendly or informative here in a Australia.

We live in a lovely normally very quiet (except for Christmas and School Hoidays) coastal village about 3 hours south of Sydney on the shores of Jervis Bay.....so plenty of long relaxing beach walks to be had......all on nice soft white sand no pebble or shingle beaches here!!

Aero is near enough to 8 months old - and whilst at times he can really push me to the limits of my patience :evil: (Wendy is always calm and patient)...our house would not be the same without him!! We did have a beautiful Samoyed (Casper) until July last year however old age and arthritis eventually took it's toll, Aero joined us at 6 weeks of age last September.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2012, 02:56 

I think I may have mentioned our previous pooch Casper (Samoyed) in a couple of previous posts, so thought it should be OK to pop up a couple of photos of him. First is from Christmas 2009 and the second is from our annual holiday to the NSW North Coast (in this photo it's in Tuncurry, which is very close to where we picked up Aero from last year). We had recently had him shaved, he used to get really hot - hence the lack of white wooly coat!!

Unfortunately he was simply getting too old and his arthritis too bad to allow him to walk much more than a few hundred metres (comfortably) so rather than leave him at home when we went out (not really fair!!) Wendy came up with the idea of getting him a buggy and when he got too tired to walk.................he got chauffered. We are pretty sure he enjoyed it!!

Cheers Mick

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2012, 06:08 

Hi Mick. Just wanted to say that the pics of Casper are lovely, especially the one of him in the buggy. Living near the beach with that fantastic weather sounds great - particularly as I am sending this from a cold, damp and foggy England :D

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2012, 10:35 

Mick - what beautiful dogs! Love the picture of Casper in the buggy. Very cute indeed. :)

Hi Lisa - I know the feeling about there being too many pets in the house! We are rather full here as well.....that said there is always space to squeeze in ONE MORE rat.....

Masil-Lisa - Hahahaha that's wonderful about the bird shouting walkies! LOVE IT! :lol:

Everyone else - I'm getting confused! So many people! Well it's lovely to meet you all - and thank you for all giving me your names. It's so good to get the hooman names as well. :0)

I also sew stuff for animals http://www.kitsch-n-sniff.co.uk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next