Porlock - any idea which dates/details ?

This forum is for organising regional, informal meetings for owners, prospective owners, breeders etc
claire fifi

Porlock - any idea which dates/details ?

Post by claire fifi » 27 Jan 2009, 13:30

Sorry to be thick, but I was talking to Jaxanal at the New Forest meet and we talked about going to Porlock in July. BUT, I can't find any info - does anyone know when it is ? :D
Claire and Muppet Image
------------------------------------------

http://www.labradoodle-rescue.com

sam

Re: Porlock - any idea which dates/details ?

Post by sam » 27 Jan 2009, 15:14

It is usually the last weekend in July - so this year it would be 26 July

claire fifi

Post by claire fifi » 27 Jan 2009, 18:25

Thanks Sam. No info appears when I Google it, so I assume that nothing has been finalised this year ?
Claire and Muppet Image
------------------------------------------

http://www.labradoodle-rescue.com

sam

Post by sam » 29 Jan 2009, 00:13

Hi there

The doodle day is part of the Porlock Horse Show - I have been for the last five years and it has always been the last Sunday in July - of course I suppose they might change it this year but it seems unlikely

I googled and found this number for the Horse Show organisers 01643 841670. They might be able to tell you for sure.

Alternatively the doodle day organiser is Mary Rook - you will probbaly be able to find her details on this site somewhere - she is a breeder. Or maybe on one of the other doodle sites.

It is a great day out in beautiful countryside and the turnout is usually really good (I think there must have been 25-30 doodles last year). Quite a few people go to Porlock for the weekend (camping, caravaning or B&B) and I think there is usually a labradoodle owners get together on the Saturday evening in a local pub.

Hope this helps

Sam