Hertfordshire Meet anyone??!!

This forum is for organising regional, informal meetings for owners, prospective owners, breeders etc
clarey

Hertfordshire Meet anyone??!!

Post by clarey » 27 Jan 2009, 13:49

Hi everyone.

Last Sunday I went to my first meet at Langdon Hills in Essex with my 5 month old chocolate mini Roxy. My mum lives nearby so I infiltrated the ranks :lol: . Had such a brilliant time and hope to go to the next one but due to distance, I thought I'd bite the bullet and see if there's anyone in or near Hertfordshire that would like to meet up?

I'm happy to look into a good venue. I'm based in North/East Herts up the A10, about 20mins north of the M25 and about 30 mins south of Cambridge.
Road links are excellent (M25, A1, A120, A414, M11 etc) so would hopefully be very accessible.

Date suggestions are 22nd Feb, 1st March or 22nd March. Would love to hear from anyone interested?

Clare & Roxy :mrgreen:

nikkig

Re: Hertfordshire Meet anyone??!!

Post by nikkig » 27 Jan 2009, 14:32

Hi Clare And Roxy

Barkley Bear and I are based is Milton Keynes so probably about an hour away. Bear would love to meet up with other doodles. Any weekends in March are good for us at the moment and we would love to join you.

:)

mandymo

Post by mandymo » 27 Jan 2009, 16:16

Hi, I am just south of MK, would love to meet one Sunday too

mandymo

Post by mandymo » 27 Jan 2009, 16:23

Oops sorry, sent submit before I had finished.

Any Sunday in March is good at the mo.

From Mandy & Frankie (now 3 months!)

wills

Post by wills » 27 Jan 2009, 20:26

any Sunday in March would do for us we live in Milton Keynes
Wills And harvey :P

clarey

Post by clarey » 28 Jan 2009, 13:05

Hi there - lovely to hear from some of you. Will be great to get something going in Herts (though it's a county that's very sprawled so could mean a bit of travelling....! :? :lol: ).

At the mo I'm plumping for Sun 1st or Sun 22nd March. I'll wait to see how many more people express an interest and will post on Doodle Times too.

Will look forward to meeting everyone and update again soon.

Thanks,

Clare & Roxy

Ali Cat

Post by Ali Cat » 01 Feb 2009, 15:45

Hi Clare

How can I turn dowqn a chance to meet the gprgeous Roxy again.

She truly is an outstanding doodle. She is so titchy but so awesome - even when wet!! :lol: Although Tiny she was giving as good as she got from the bigger dogs. Not fazed by them at all.

Honest guys turn up at the Herts meet, you have just got to meet her. (Clare's nice too!!)

As long as it doesn't clash with an Essex meet we'll come along if thats OK.......

Will bring Roxy some liver cake!!

Eric sensds a big kiss (with wet beard!!)

Ali Cat & Eric
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w205 ... t/Eric.jpg

Laughter is the best medicine – unless you’re diabetic, then insulin comes pretty high on the list

Karen-London

Post by Karen-London » 01 Feb 2009, 15:52

Hi Aggi and I are in Southgate, so Herts good for us. She has her 1st jabs tomorrow :( , and next 2 weeks later so she should be good by by 3 rd week of Marc

Ali Cat

Post by Ali Cat » 01 Feb 2009, 16:25

ps sorry for all the spilling mistakes. Sunday afternoobs were made for Pinot Grigio Hic.....

Laughter is the best medicine – unless you’re diabetic, then insulin comes pretty high on the list

clarey

Post by clarey » 04 Feb 2009, 01:27

Ali Cat wrote:ps sorry for all the spilling mistakes. Sunday afternoobs were made for Pinot Grigio Hic.....

Hi Ali,

That's sounds like a faaaaaar too perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon, and as for your spilling pisstakes......... :lol: :lol:

Will be lovely to have you in Herts with us - as you can see I happen to be staying at my mum's (again!) on 14th Feb so am going to hotfoot it to the Essex meet on the 15th.

I'm leaning towards 22nd March for a Herts meet as hubby came home today and announced he's booked himself a windsurfing holiday for the first week of March (how my other half lives...... :roll: :lol: ) so will be less logistics to sort out if he's around.

Hope that suits everyone - will think about venue and let you know (will refer to one of the 3000 "Walks in Herts" books I bought in Waterstones on Saturday - never knew there were so many people writing books on walking!!).

Will post again soon - spread the word - peace and love - this is the dawning of the age of Aquarius (oh dear - the snow's got to me :shock: ).

Sorry, don't want to put anyone off - I am NORMAL!

Clare & Roxy

Tish Orfeur

Post by Tish Orfeur » 04 Feb 2009, 11:36

Monty and I are in Potters Bar and often in Trent Park if anyone knows that area - great place for dogs and walkers!
Tish

clarey

Post by clarey » 04 Feb 2009, 12:04

Hi - thanks for that suggestion - I don't know Trent Park but will have a look online and mark it as a possible venue.

I'm going to try and get an idea of where everyone's coming from and then pick a fairly central point. Royston Heath is near me and it's fab and beautiful but not sure if it's a bit too North East Herts for everyone......?!

Be back soon with some options :D

Clare

Oh ok then - & Roxy!

Ali Cat

Post by Ali Cat » 04 Feb 2009, 12:53

clarey wrote:Hi - thanks for that suggestion - I don't know Trent Park but will have a look online and mark it as a possible venue.

I'm going to try and get an idea of where everyone's coming from and then pick a fairly central point. Royston Heath is near me and it's fab and beautiful but not sure if it's a bit too North East Herts for everyone......?!

Be back soon with some options :D

Clare

Oh ok then - & Roxy!
the thread on the other side is talking about St Albans - whatcha reckon?

x

clarey

Post by clarey » 04 Feb 2009, 13:10

[quote="Ali Cat

the thread on the other side is talking about St Albans - whatcha reckon?

x[/quote]

Oh is there another thread???? Where is it? St Albans is lovely - I don't know it at all but if someone else is putting something together great! I'll go with the flow?

Let me know what the other thread is and I'll put my oar in!! :lol:

Cheers

Ali Cat

Post by Ali Cat » 04 Feb 2009, 13:58

I put that thread on in response to your thread on this site - so really you are the author of both!!

here's the link for those of you who haven't found it

xx

http://www.doodle-times.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7780