Essex and surrounding Counties Mass Doodle Dash and Picnic

This forum is for organising regional, informal meetings for owners, prospective owners, breeders etc

Which Date suits you

Saturday 11th Morning
5%
Saturday 11th Afternoon
5%
Sunday 12th Morning
5%
Sunday 12th Afternoon
37%
Dont mind either way-abstaining to not interfere with the result
47%

Total votes: 19

soapysue

Re: Essex and surrounding Counties Mass Doodle Dash and Picnic

Post by soapysue » 17 Jun 2009, 19:25

I was at Hylands yesterday - there is one picnic table in that field I think you are talking about (the one by the wood with car park to far right as you go in off the A414).
Soapysue & Leffe

Image ImageImage

Flossiebag

Post by Flossiebag » 17 Jun 2009, 20:29

right peeps - the poll is indicating that Sunday 12th in the afternoon is the winner. What sort of time shall we say and are we eating first or at the end?

My own thought is that we should eat first because there will be those who have been travelling and will want to have lunch at a reasonable time (also so we dont have to carry everything round with us) but I'm quite happy to go with what everyone else thinks :D
Abbey and Esmerelda Doodle
xx

Addisons Disease Information - http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 068&ref=ts

http://www.labradoodletrust.com

pippylala

Post by pippylala » 17 Jun 2009, 21:04

Excellent sunday 12th it is im happy with whatever time so i'll keep a look out. seems ages since we all got together have missed you xxxxx

Toarys

Post by Toarys » 18 Jun 2009, 13:09

Sunday 12th it is then - What time??

Jo
Jo and Wispa

Ali Cat

Post by Ali Cat » 19 Jun 2009, 09:06

soapysue wrote:I was at Hylands yesterday - there is one picnic table in that field I think you are talking about (the one by the wood with car park to far right as you go in off the A414).
Yup - thats the one!!

Yup - reckon eat first and then run around with gay abandon. Us and the Dogs!!

I'm easy as far as time is concerned....

Will Leffe be bringing the beer :lol:
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w205 ... t/Eric.jpg

Laughter is the best medicine – unless you’re diabetic, then insulin comes pretty high on the list

soapysue

Post by soapysue » 19 Jun 2009, 22:21

Leffe WOULD have brought the beer - but she's away with us on the far North Coast of Scotland & as much as I'd love to come - that would be a REALLY long drive!! (even for Liver Cake!) - next time!

Have fun! We'll think of you all - running riot around Hylands - Go Doods!!
Soapysue & Leffe

Image ImageImage

Ali Cat

Post by Ali Cat » 22 Jun 2009, 08:18

Toarys wrote:Sunday 12th it is then - What time??

Jo
We are thinking of 11am start...

11am - milling around and chatting

12 noon - picnic

1-1.30 start off on a walk for those who want to go...

There are some that need to be somewhere later on in the afternoon, hence the early start. Also some are coming from further away so it gives them the opportunity to get there..

Is everyone OK with that??

We will also need to do a poll of the numbers coming at some point

Love

Ali Cat

Laughter is the best medicine – unless you’re diabetic, then insulin comes pretty high on the list

Claire&Spadger

Post by Claire&Spadger » 22 Jun 2009, 15:32

11 a.m. start sounds good to me. The date is on my kitchen white board, the calendar and in my diary so I shouldn't forget this one!!!! As an aside, how do you put a smiley in the message?

Claire & Spadger
My boy Spadger is a first cross 4 year old and to my mind the best dog!

Ali Cat

Post by Ali Cat » 22 Jun 2009, 16:25

Claire&Spadger wrote:11 a.m. start sounds good to me. The date is on my kitchen white board, the calendar and in my diary so I shouldn't forget this one!!!! As an aside, how do you put a smiley in the message?

Claire & Spadger
Yayyyyyyyyy, Spadger will be thre :D

Long time no see Claire.

Glad you can make it

xx

Ps smilies are to the left of the text box

xx

Flossiebag

Post by Flossiebag » 22 Jun 2009, 17:48

Ali Cat wrote:
Toarys wrote:Sunday 12th it is then - What time??

Jo
We are thinking of 11am start...

11am - milling around and chatting

12 noon - picnic

1-1.30 start off on a walk for those who want to go...

There are some that need to be somewhere later on in the afternoon, hence the early start. Also some are coming from further away so it gives them the opportunity to get there..

Is everyone OK with that??

We will also need to do a poll of the numbers coming at some point

Love

Ali Cat
Sounds fantastic to me - it also give everyone time who is travelling to get to the picnic without rushing and hopefully allows those folks who wanted a morning walk to come along for while too :D :D
Abbey and Esmerelda Doodle
xx

Addisons Disease Information - http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 068&ref=ts

http://www.labradoodletrust.com

Ali Cat

Post by Ali Cat » 06 Jul 2009, 10:30

Bumping this up to remind everyone

11am - noon meet up

Noon - Picnic (weather permitting)

Then on for a walk around the grounds taking in the lake (of course), a bit of duck chasing plus a bit of being chased by ducks :lol: .

See you all there

xx

joclaire

Post by joclaire » 09 Jul 2009, 12:53

BUMP

on DT there is a list of who's coming and who's not
Ali Cat wrote:Bumping this up to remind everyone

11am - noon meet up

Noon - Picnic (weather permitting)

Then on for a walk around the grounds taking in the lake (of course), a bit of duck chasing plus a bit of being chased by ducks :lol: .

xx

woooooooooo not long now......i think tho AliCat needs a beacon on her head or a large flag so we can all see where she is when we get there :lol: :lol: :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/urlImage]Image

Jo and Meggy Dood

Baby Cakes

Post by Baby Cakes » 15 Jul 2009, 19:56

Hi all,

Not been on here for an age but just had to come and say... my sister was at highlands park at the weekend and saw you all there with your doodles, she was very impressed with how badly behaved you all were! Nice to know it wasn't just because of mine when i went LOL :lol:

i tell you what though, you essex girls are bitchy... apparently after everyone broke up you all stood around in little groups slagging eachother off!!!! she actually wandered around listening to you all (probably checking that you wern't talking about me! :twisted: ) :mrgreen:

Well thats it for another 6 months, now too busy with my doods to spend time on the pc. xxxxx

Baby Cakes

Post by Baby Cakes » 15 Jul 2009, 19:56

ooh look it's been that long since i was on here i still have my chrostmas dood!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ali Cat

Post by Ali Cat » 16 Jul 2009, 10:12

Baby Cakes wrote:Hi all,

Not been on here for an age but just had to come and say... my sister was at highlands park at the weekend and saw you all there with your doodles, she was very impressed with how badly behaved you all were! Nice to know it wasn't just because of mine when i went LOL :lol: .
Hi ya Steph

LOL - if I remember correctly your doods were NOT badly behaved. They were the most perfect doodles - tho I suppose that in itself means mischief :lol: :lol:
Baby Cakes wrote:
i tell you what though, you essex girls are bitchy... apparently after everyone broke up you all stood around in little groups slagging eachother off!!!! she actually wandered around listening to you all (probably checking that you wern't talking about me! :twisted: ) :mrgreen:
Well - thats a worry. :(

I thought everyone had a brilliant time and it was great seeing all the 'counties' mingling and to actually meet the peeps and doods in the flesh was a joy. Did your sister say it was specifically the "Essex" girls that were bitchy? We had Kent, Essex, Lincolnshire, London, Suffolk, Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire peeps there?

I am racking my brains trying to think when she is referring to?? We all gathered and milled around for an hour, then had the picnic, then walked off to the lake. Some of those that had travelled long long distances then started to break off to go home, whilst the rest of us walked around the lake and then made our way back to the car park. Some broke off to go into the gardens, whilst others went off to the stables for the loo. I just can't think of an occasion where we were standing around in different groups. My main impression of the day was everyone gooing over everyone's doods, with the doods happily scampering all over the place trying to nick food off the smallpeople :lol:

I certainly wasn't aware of any bitchieness at all. :?

Unless of course it was just me EVERYONE was bitching about? :(

Maybe I am only put up with because of my gorgeous Eric :cry:

Quite an unsettling upsetting post.

Ali