Sunday 27 June 11am - Devon meet at Exeter

This forum is for organising regional, informal meetings for owners, prospective owners, breeders etc
MrsAdmin

Sunday 27 June 11am - Devon meet at Exeter

Post by MrsAdmin » 14 Jun 2010, 22:28

Bess Exeter wrote:Right hubby has been busy and put together details, directions and website info. Although I don't know what he means about my driving skills over bridges :evil:

These are all his words not mine!

The Double Locks is something of an enigma! Most Exeter people have heard of it but not many could direct you to it! Be mindfull that it was a lockkeepers house in the heyday of Exeter Canal and access hasn't improved very much since then....but that's the attraction.

If you use satnav you'll convince yourself that it has gone crazy. If you're following the map (see below) you'll declare 'this can't be *!/*ing right'. Chances are that it is!

You can only access South of the river/canal, Best off the A379,through Marsh Barton Trading Estate, from the Devon Hotel roundabout. This will take you along Bad Homburg Way, on to Hennock Road Central. At the roundabout turn right into Alphin Brook Road (Suzuki dealer on the corner). At the end of A B Rd it sweeps you to the right. DON'T....there is a minor road straight ahead. BE CAUTIOUS......it will take you over the railway line and then drop to the canal. Swing right then line yourself up for a left over the canal bridge (it's narrow but Jayne has done it...er..come think of it..she hasn't. She always parks before the bridge and walks across, with the dog, in a carefree manner...anyway) turn sharp right, then drive alongside the canal....then 'hey presto', the Double Locks. SIMPLES!

Double Locks Inn.
Canal Banks,
Exeter
EX2 6LT

Tel: 01392 256947

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sourc ... 54073&z=14

Oh....and they're having their lay back dog show day 22 August

I'm finishing now with a couple of pics of a lonely Bess one winter morning wondering why no other dogs around this lovely walk :cry: I will try and include one of Bess & Podge enjoying the river, which isn't very deep this time of year so all dogs could have fun :lol:
On second thoughts I will send them separately as I'm still having probs with internet connection and don't want to lose this lot!
Jayne & Bess

I'm fingers crossing this will work as a separate topic so that we can bump it up for anyone wanting to come.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

MrsAdmin

Re: Sunday 27 June 11am - Devon meet at Exeter

Post by MrsAdmin » 17 Jun 2010, 21:45

Bump

Who's coming? So far we have...

Jack & Becky with us
Ambrose, Ruby and Huggy (in a strait jacket?) with Linny (or should that be Linny in a strait jacket?) and kids (hopefully without wheelchair :wink: )
Dillon & Darcy with Raindrop Ruth and Ian (bring the brollies and waders)
Marmite & new boy Fudge with Tracey and family
Bess with Jayne and family

Anyone else?

Podge and Angie and family?
Evie with Kats and family (desperately want a cuddle with baby Daniel after seeing his new pic :P )?
Inka with Harri (put those pots away and come and play)

Any of the Dorset Crew? Not as far as our usual meets for you lot to come and play :P

Anyone wanting to see what nutters Doodles really are and just how frazzled owners can get? :wink:

We took our two to New Bridge on Dartmoor today and Becky has been practising her deep water swimming ready for Exeter river and canal :shock: Jack stuck with paddling :roll: . Stand by with the life belts :?
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Bess Exeter

Post by Bess Exeter » 18 Jun 2010, 22:23

Have I missed something? Are we still gettiing together on this date or mid week on a Wednesday better? We will go with the flow 8) :)

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 18 Jun 2010, 22:39

Hi Jayne

We're going with Sunday 27th at 11am I think. This is a second posting to make sure every one knows the date instead of wading through the three pages of our planning thread :P

Looking forward to it. Think I'll be the one cooling off in the canal, it's been so hot today :roll:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

LynneL

Post by LynneL » 18 Jun 2010, 23:24

Did you say that you are going to have a meet in August aswell?

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 18 Jun 2010, 23:34

Hi Lynne

Yes, Bosley will be in Newton Abbott on holiday 10th-14th August then we MUST have a Stover meet. It will need to be mid-week on that one so possibly Wednesday 12th or Thursday 13th.

Do you fancy coming to the Exeter one next Sunday? It's not so far to travel and would make a good family day out. The pub sounds great and does food :P
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 20 Jun 2010, 21:53

Just a reminder that there is only a week to go folks :P

Get blowing up those water wings and dig out the lifebelts :wink:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Bess Exeter

Post by Bess Exeter » 21 Jun 2010, 21:19

It has to be Wednesday the 12th for us :D We went to Stover last Wednesday with Bess. Bess was very good and kept away from the swans & ducks but couldn't understand she couldn't go swimming :cry:
Looking forward to this Sunday and Bess can show all her friends her favourite swimming and playing areas :lol:
Jayne & Bess
MrsAdmin wrote:Hi Lynne

Yes, Bosley will be in Newton Abbott on holiday 10th-14th August then we MUST have a Stover meet. It will need to be mid-week on that one so possibly Wednesday 12th or Thursday 13th.

Do you fancy coming to the Exeter one next Sunday? It's not so far to travel and would make a good family day out. The pub sounds great and does food :P

Dillondood

Post by Dillondood » 21 Jun 2010, 23:24

ImageImageImage Roll on Sunday ImageImageImage

:lol:
Dillon, Darcy & Ruth

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 21 Jun 2010, 23:32

We are getting organised :shock:

So the Doodle Social Calendar for the Devon Diehards is...

Sunday 27 June 11 am - Pack the water wings and head to Exeter to Bess's manor for frolics and water fights.

Saturday 10 July 10 am- Expedition over the border to the New Forest for the Labradoodle Trust Show
(well, those lucky ones who aren't stuck working :cry: ) Bring your jar of £1 coins with you.

Sunday 25th July 10 am (I think) over the border again to Zummerset, for a Doodle walk on Exmoor, followed by the Porlock Dog and Horse Show (with special Doodle ring) at 1.30 pm. Anyone not wanting to do the organised Doodle Walk on open moor, if very hot, could join us for a woodland walk near Dunster if interested. There is also camping on the Saturday night, with a meal at the Ship Inn, Porlock if anyone wants to make a weekend away trip.

Wednesday 12 August (afternoon time to be fixed) - Local Bounce at Stover Country Park, Newton Abbott, to welcome fellow Doodle, Bosley, on his jolly days :P

What larks :lol:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 23 Jun 2010, 13:54

It gets better and better :P

Don't forget to register your email at the Double Locks pub and print off and claim your free drink.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source ... BqfL5hW43g

I think you need one email per drink to get it to work for all of you in a family but hey - good offer :P
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Bess Exeter

Post by Bess Exeter » 23 Jun 2010, 15:49

Don't get your hopes up you may not be able to claim a free drink on this occasion as we are a group and I think they indicated the free drink when having a meal? I may be wrong but when I telephoned it sounded like they wouldn't accept all of us turning up for a free drink :oops:

On a brighter side we may have a few more new doodles attending the walk this Sunday. We met up with Bess's brother Bailey this am, they will see if they have anything planned or may meet us on route. Then this lunch time on our way to a picnic the other side of the canal (I've just sent a new thread about my anger on the return journey) Anyway, we met a women & her 13 month old golden doodle & 3 year old black standard poodle, never met before, local, but I don't normally walk Bess at this time. I told her about the meet and she seemed keen. I also said to check out this site :D I think I sent Angie with Podge a pm but maybe I didn't do it correctly (still new to this) as I haven't had a reply?
Jayne & Bess

annvinton

Post by annvinton » 24 Jun 2010, 07:59

Whilst putting the dates on my calendar I noticed that August 12th (Stover) is a Thursday so presume meet will be on the 11th.
Hope you all have a SUPER day on Sunday and that you don't have to pull too many doods out of the canal. :lol:
Whilst writing this I have had to stop and retrieve a towel that 'jumped' into Ben's mouth while he was in the bathroom. :evil: Why was he in the bathroom? :?

Ann & Ben

linny

Post by linny » 24 Jun 2010, 09:08

Jake the Golden Doodle will be joining us (with owner Niki) :D
Jake is joining my pack for five days next week whilst Ni ks parents are away and Niki is at work.
Should be interesting as Jake is the only dog and extremely spoilt :lol: :lol:

Bear

Post by Bear » 24 Jun 2010, 09:33

Ill be coming along with my family , purely to meet all these lovely doodles before getting ours this year. Introduce the hubby to some beautiful ,wet, sloppy, well behaved doodles :lol: :lol: Looking forward to it

Clare x