Sunday 27 June 11am - Devon meet at Exeter

This forum is for organising regional, informal meetings for owners, prospective owners, breeders etc
MrsAdmin

Re: Sunday 27 June 11am - Devon meet at Exeter

Post by MrsAdmin » 24 Jun 2010, 09:43

All we need now is for Jake to invite along his two brothers, who also live in Brixham, and we could have a riot :shock: :lol: :lol: They are both extremely full on boys when we've met them in the woods :lol: :lol:

Yes Anne. Glad you have your wits about you :P We will meet on WEDNESDAY 11th August at Stover. I know Tracey has Wednesdays off so hopefully she can make it too. Will post more nearer the date.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

mistyfox

Post by mistyfox » 24 Jun 2010, 17:52

Hello Diehards

Firstly thank you to Jayne and Cecilia for the PMs and invitatation to the meeting on Sunday. Sorry I haven't replied earlier but haven't checked my e-mails for days! :oops:

I'm afraid Podge and I will have to give it a miss this time :( as with such fantastic weather we are taking our boat out for a zoom around Torbay and a spot of fishing. We went out last weekend and Podge was such an angel, he takes everything in his stride. He was sat at the front of the boat with Hannah (my 11 year old) and the boat was crashing up and down, as the water was quite choppy. Suddenly a huge wave came right over both of them but he wasn't bothered at all. He just sat there drenched, as though it was completely normal. After he had dried off, we zoomed back to the slipway and the wind was blowing his beard right back to his ears - he looked so funny.

I hope you all have a great time on Sunday, the doods will love the canal. Podge had a good swim there on Sunday evening. Hopefully catch up with you next time.

linny

Post by linny » 24 Jun 2010, 18:17

Brad is free of his plaster :D :D :D so we are looking forward to the meet.
Are we meeting actually atThe Double Locks Pub :?: ( I usually park down where the Maritime museum used to be and walk to the pub)....must admit to being nervous of driving over that bridge :oops: :oops:

Bess Exeter

Post by Bess Exeter » 24 Jun 2010, 22:05

Linny, the bridge isn't quite as bad as my hubby makes out :wink: I had even got across even when someone stupidly 'parked' a cycle just on the turn of the bridge although I was surprised I missed it :lol:

You may just be lucky enough to park just over the railway bridge before reaching the canal bridge, otherwise park on the side of the road before turning off Marsh Barton onto the narrow road for the canal & Double Locks. If you do park up somewhere rather than driving across the tight canal bridge you can carry on walking safely on the right side of the canal rather than sharing the other side with cars, then walk across when reaching the Double Locks and can meet everyone near the car park area. :D

I think we will be walking to the Double Locks as coming from the other side of the river, so if you decide to park further down at the quay let us know and could meet up with you, it would however take about 20+ minutes from there?
Jayne

Bess Exeter

Post by Bess Exeter » 24 Jun 2010, 22:17

Bear wrote:Ill be coming along with my family , purely to meet all these lovely doodles before getting ours this year. Introduce the hubby to some beautiful ,wet, sloppy, well behaved doodles :lol: :lol: Looking forward to it

Clare x
It will be lovely to meet you Clare & your family, you will certainly see a varied range of doodles :lol: It would also be great for Bess to have another friend in the future to meet up on her walks around the river & canal. Doodles seem to get extra excited when seeing other doodles :lol: :lol:

Jayne & Bess

Tracycooper15

Post by Tracycooper15 » 25 Jun 2010, 21:10

MrsAdmin wrote: We will meet on WEDNESDAY 11th August at Stover. I know Tracey has Wednesdays off so hopefully she can make it too. Will post more nearer the date.
I wish I did have every Wednesday off.... actually I wish I had every day off... :lol: :lol:
You must be thinking of another Tracy??

See you all on Sunday

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 26 Jun 2010, 12:56

URGENT QUERY

Where EXACTLY are we all meeting up at 11 am?

I found the instructions for Alphin Brook Road and crossing over the little bridge onto the island bit on Google earth but is that a car park at the end on the island, in which case it's a way away from the Double Locks pub? or are we meeting at the pub? I tried to follow the instructions on Google Earth but ended up driving into the canal :shock: The road alongside the canal ends in nothing and looks incredibly narrow.

I did manage to end up in a car park with some buildings round it but that is NOT the Double Lock pub according to their post code. They are at the other end of the island and across the water.

Probably best not to meet at the pub as it will be busy parking there I expect.

TOTAL IDIOTS guide wanted urgently as very confused :oops: .

(PS we hope to make it, just been told we have a death in the family to sort out - our lovely elderly uncle who stayed with us at Christmas and who thought J & B hilarious fun :cry: )
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Bess Exeter

Post by Bess Exeter » 26 Jun 2010, 14:09

:lol: Mrs Admin, you were in the right direction when you said you saw a carpark and buildings which is the football club :lol:

You do drive across that narrow bridge and could park in that carpark area then walk the 5 min.or so along the side of the canal. Otherwise drive straight down to the double locks and there is a reasonable large parking area so should be able to park OK especially at 11am? We could always park behind each other if a problem? I thought we would walk down but I think Bess would be too hot and tired before we started :lol: :lol:

Hope you will be able to make it tomorrow, but sorry to hear about your uncle :cry:

Dillondood

Post by Dillondood » 26 Jun 2010, 18:42

Cannot make out where we are meeting, am drinking Pimms watching Wimbledon/Worldcup football/Formula 1....its a hard life :lol:

I am sure I will be able to google it tomorrow, and see you all there.......bring your parsoles and sunhats for a change :P

Cecilia - I hope you can make it - big hugs x

PS if you are coming tomorrow, and have not previously met Dillon and Darcy.........then brace yourself :shock: :lol:
Dillon, Darcy & Ruth

Bear

Post by Bear » 26 Jun 2010, 19:51

:lol: :lol: absolutely cant wait to meet you all!! Im also struggling with the directions due to a little glass of rose or two :wink: but finding all those doodles along the canal bank should not be too hard to do!!!! Make sure all those doodles convince hubby that they are the way to go!!! :lol:

Dillondood

Post by Dillondood » 26 Jun 2010, 22:16

Bump hic Bump
Dillon, Darcy & Ruth

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 27 Jun 2010, 06:52

I have attempted (without the aid of alcohol - which is perhaps a mistake :wink: ) to unravel the route in from the south to the Meet.

After consulting with the RAC and the AA, and ending up in the canal and the river several times (not literally, we are talking Google Earth here :lol: ), I think the best thing to do is ignore Jayne's Hubbie's instructions (always a wise move with any navigation tips from husbands I reckon :lol: ) and to follow the following route (which I hope is Simples)

Up the M5, exiting onto A30 (J31)

Go down that until you get to the Alphington Junction

Go down that for 1.39 miles until you get to a roundabout, and then take the 3rd exit (turn right) onto the A377.

Go down there and turn right on to Haven Road

Follow that road alongside the canal until you get to the pub - The Double Locks EX2 8DY.

If I don't appear you will know I am sat in a car somewhere on the outskirts of Exeter, with a fuming Hubbie and 2 hot dogs, wishing I had drunk the alcohol before I set off. :roll:

Linny, I have your mobile number in my phone and I will not be afraid to use it :lol:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Dillondood

Post by Dillondood » 27 Jun 2010, 08:05

MrsA I will be following your instructions :D

So I may see you on the outskirts of Exeter :wink: :lol:
Dillon, Darcy & Ruth

Bid

Post by Bid » 27 Jun 2010, 08:20

Have a lovely walk - will be looking out for the photos of the Exeter suburbs later!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Bess Exeter

Post by Bess Exeter » 27 Jun 2010, 09:22

Sorry but you can't go Haven Road as it stops and it's then a footpath all the way! Please follow hubbie's directions!

We will go out quickly and look for visual signs for following if you would like to check again in one hour and happy to provide my mobile no.

Jayne