****East Midlands Meet September 19th !!!*******

This forum is for organising regional, informal meetings for owners, prospective owners, breeders etc
winnieb

****East Midlands Meet September 19th !!!*******

Post by winnieb » 13 Sep 2010, 19:03

East midlands Doodle Meet is September 19th at Shipley Park Mapperley entrance at 12.30, so far it's me , gilly and Polo, Nic, chan and Gracie plus one small person. Everyone welcome local to people in Nottingham, Derbyshire and leciestershire.

Look forward to seeing you all there.
Clare,Ivy, Cookie and Barney x
A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you more than he loves himself.

cngray

Re: ****East Midlands Meet September 19th !!!*******

Post by cngray » 13 Sep 2010, 19:09

YEY... Excited!!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

baby_depardieu

Post by baby_depardieu » 13 Sep 2010, 19:15

Oooh we might try and make it - although i do have kids birthday parties on that day... will see if OH will take her.

Where is Shipley Park.... i dont think i know it
x
The friendship of a dog is, without a doubt, more intense and more constant than that of man.~ Montaigne

lizziesmum

Post by lizziesmum » 13 Sep 2010, 19:43

Lizzie and me can make it.I,ll allow an extra hour to allow for getting lost.
Freda

winnieb

Post by winnieb » 13 Sep 2010, 20:24

The mapperley entrance is near West Hallam, if anyone knows it, I will leave it for Gilly to explain full details as I am crap at directions :oops: but can find my own way there :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/leisure/co ... efault.asp
but if you follow the link above it may help you and there is a map on there too.

Hth,
A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you more than he loves himself.

maggiemilli

Post by maggiemilli » 13 Sep 2010, 20:55

Will try to make it, not sure which of us is around this weekend, I'll try even if it's only me and Rufus.

lizziesmum

Post by lizziesmum » 13 Sep 2010, 21:07

Is there anywhere easier to find,where we could meet then go on to Shipley park.
Freda :D

gilly g

Post by gilly g » 13 Sep 2010, 21:12

Thanks Clare!!!! I didn't do too well last time!

However, from Nottingham go towards Ilkeston on A609, when you get to Ilkeston follow A609 towards Derby/Smalley/West Hallam (do not follow signs for Shipley Park, as they take you to Heanor & old American Adventure entances, you want to get to Mapperley Reservoir). On A609, you go past bowling alley on left, fire station on right, continue until you get to West Hallam. There's a crossroads where you have priority. This is where you need to turn right into Mapperley Lane (If you get to The Bottle Kiln, on the left, YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR, the turning is immediately before it!! Go straight down towards Mapperley Village/Mapperley Reservoir (seems quite a long way), when you get to a sharp left hand bend, there is a spur straight on, on the bend's curve, take it. ( I think it's signposted Mapperley Reservoir. If you reach the pub, Black Horse, you have gone too far!! ) You will pass the reservoir on left and then reach car park.

Look forward to seeing you all at 12.30

gilly g

Post by gilly g » 13 Sep 2010, 21:18

Freda, where is best to meet you?? I'll be coming from Derby rather than Nottingham, but I am sure one of us can guide you in

lizziesmum

Post by lizziesmum » 13 Sep 2010, 22:09

Will you be going up the A38?
Now Im even acting like an OAP.

DizzyDora

Post by DizzyDora » 14 Sep 2010, 10:26

Hi all have a great time on Sunday at Shipley Park
We are really sorry that we cannot make it this time as Shipley
is such a lovely place for a doodle meet.
Freda you will find it again just allow a little more time
even we found it eventually :lol:

DizzyDora & Kona
Have Doodles Laugh Oodles

gilly g

Post by gilly g » 14 Sep 2010, 18:44

Freda.. sorry nowhere near A38!!

Do you know Asda at Spondon?.. I could meet you in car park near main entrance, if you are coming from Swad through Ticknall/Swarkestone/A50/A6 and then approach Derby on Raynesway (A5111)

Alternatively, if you are coming via M1, perhaps you could meet Clare near J25??

Anyone have any other ideas to help Freda out?

winnieb

Post by winnieb » 14 Sep 2010, 20:16

I think A50 is probably eaiset route for you and come off at Derby turn A6 and then on to Raynesway, so would be quite easy for you to meet Gilly at Asda as it is jjust off Raynesway and Shipley isn't too far from there.

I took the dogs to shipley this morning and tried the mapperley entrance to be great, lovely walk and very tired dogs :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to sunday.

lizziesmum

Post by lizziesmum » 15 Sep 2010, 06:57

My problem comes from turning around so many times,I can remember the turning of the main road into the lane down to the reservoir but cant think how I arrived there.
Gilly my phone is 07711383212,surely I can find Asda......cant I .
Thanks for all of the help,Freda

gilly g

Post by gilly g » 15 Sep 2010, 19:12

Hi Freda

I've been working in Long Eaton today so came long way back via A50 to do recce, as there have been a lot of changes to road layout recently, so don't want you to get lost!!
When you come off A50 on slip road , join A6 towards Derby. When you get to roundabout, Derby is signposted A6 (straight on) so go along new link road, you will get to roadworks and new roundabout, keep right (yellow signs show M1 north) and bear right at roundabout, this takes you onto Raynesway (A5111.. [north? I think]) carry on, you then get green directional sign, get in right hand lane for Chaddesden, Spondon & Borrowash. Again keep (or get in) right hand lane and at roundabout not far ahead, turn right. On right is a bar, Gregory's and then... Asda!!.

I'll meet you at 12.10 or thereabouts and will park to the right of entrance as you go in. Mine is an orange (so you shouldn't miss it) Clio (but not for much longer as my new qashqai is on order.. yay!!) My no is 07854614175
Gilly