East Mids meet - Sun 15th May??

This forum is for organising regional, informal meetings for owners, prospective owners, breeders etc
elaine A

East Mids meet - Sun 15th May??

Post by elaine A » 07 May 2011, 10:42

:idea: Any one interested in a meet on 15th May? If so, any preferences for time and venue?

Elaine x

gilly g

Re: East Mids meet - Sun 15th May??

Post by gilly g » 07 May 2011, 13:29

Hi Elaine

We can make that day! What about Shipley Park or Hemmington 11ish?

How is Alfie's back?

Gilly & Polo

winnieb

Post by winnieb » 07 May 2011, 15:58

Hi we can make that day too :D :D
11 ish is good for us too, place I'm easy about but Shipley or Hemmington are great for us, looking forward to seeing everyone x
Clare,Ivy, Cookie and Barney x
A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you more than he loves himself.

lizziesmum

Post by lizziesmum » 07 May 2011, 21:29

Sounds good to me.Fxx

campfaz18

Post by campfaz18 » 09 May 2011, 22:34

We will keep an eye on the thread as maybe able to come to the meet.

We probably won't do the walk as Nat is still recovering from a serious lung problem.

It would be nice to see everybody though.
Nat, Lynne and the boy Jacob

elaine A

Post by elaine A » 10 May 2011, 20:01

Hi everyone,

Looks like we're on for this Sunday - all welcome!! Let's say 11.00am at Hemmington, meet and park at the cross at the Castle Donington end of the village, post code DE74 2RB for those with SatNav. The walk can be as short or long as we make it, The only refreshments available will be at the end of the walk where we can go to the Jolly Sailor pub in the village which will take dogs (or another place if people so wish) but if there are too many of us we will have to sit outside (weather permitting!).

Lynne - sorry to hear about Nat but it would be great if you could make it this Sunday, even if it's just to say "hello".

Gill - Thanks for asking. Alfie is on a new set of steroids which, touch wood, he seems to be keeping down so we'll find out about progress when we are next at the vets in early June.

Hope to see as many doods and owners as possible!!

Elaine x

maggiemilli

Post by maggiemilli » 10 May 2011, 21:55

Hi Elaine,
We will try and come along to one end of the walk or another. What time do you think you will be at the pub? Rufus improving but still not well.. He's on steroids.. how are they affecting Alfie? He apparently didn't have kennel cough (after 3 lots of antibiotics!) but after various x rays and tests has a serious lung inflammation caused by an allergy to who knows what! Hoping to wean off the steroids gradually and see if the cough etc. returns.. hoping for the best! We're missing his walks and his boisterousness.. Plus he's got so matted with not being able to groom him that he will have to be shaved soon!! Maggie

elaine A

Post by elaine A » 11 May 2011, 21:21

Hi Maggie,

It would be good to see you if you can make it, I guess the walk will end around 12.30 - hopefully weathr permitting we should be able to sit outside the pub with all of the dogs. I don't think we will be able to go inside what with it being busy with Sunday lunches - fingers crossed for sunshine!

Poor Rufus - are the steroids suiting him? Hope it does the trick for him; can they do some allergy tests on him? Alf's on his 3rd type of steroid; so far so good as he's not been sick or had the "squits". We had to stop the previous treatments as they didn't suit him.

Hope to see you Sunday.

Elaine and the boys xx

gilly g

Post by gilly g » 13 May 2011, 16:31

See you all on Sunday, Hemmington at 11.00 :D

whirlwindmum

Post by whirlwindmum » 13 May 2011, 21:02

Whoo hoo, we can come. Quite weekend for a change. :D

Not been Hemington before, does anyone fancy inbox me there mobile just in case.......

Gilly, no long line coming :lol: :lol: bringing hubby and son so if Alfie legs it they can chase him. Oh and tell polo i will have a pocket full of chicken again :wink:
i]Treena & Alfie[/i]

DizzyDora

Post by DizzyDora » 14 May 2011, 00:07

Hi All

Sorry we will not be able to make it this Sunday, hope you all have a great meet.
Kona is doing ok & 5 months on is still holding her own, fingers crossed we will be able to make the next one.

DizzyDora & Kona

Have Doodles Smile Oodles

whirlwindmum

Post by whirlwindmum » 14 May 2011, 10:21

Thanks Gilly for phone number, sounds easy enough to get to.

See you all there :D
i]Treena & Alfie[/i]

wheatfield

Post by wheatfield » 14 May 2011, 16:33

Hi Elaine - we would love to come for the walk on Sunday. Planning on bringing Molly, Ellie and Indy to meet you. Indy is nearly 4 months old so we won't be able to do much of a walk but it will be great to say hello. Is there parking?
Hope Alfie is doing well.
Sue x

elaine A

Post by elaine A » 14 May 2011, 21:05

Hi all,

So glad to hear Kona is still with us but a shame you'll not be along tomorrow.

Sue, the parking is roadside although the road to the side of the memorial cross is quiet and turns into a track/bridle path which is the one we shall be starting on.

Fingers crossed for the weather tomorrow and look forward to seeing everyone!

Elaine x

winnieb

Post by winnieb » 15 May 2011, 10:53

Really sorry just realised the walk is today!!! and it's 10.51am so we won't be there really sorry :cry: I had a late night at work last night and totally forgot :roll: :roll: :roll:
Clare,Ivy, Cookie and Barney x
A dog is the only thing on this earth that loves you more than he loves himself.