Devon Diehards do Dawlish ... 11 03 2012

This forum is for organising regional, informal meetings for owners, prospective owners, breeders etc
Pollydoodle

Devon Diehards do Dawlish ... 11 03 2012

Post by Pollydoodle » 11 Mar 2012, 23:10

Gloriously sunny day with a real low tide with miles of beach to walk on.Not that we got very far with all the yakking... :roll: My girl daned to let me in the pub (progress!) so managed a quick drink outside whilst the others enjoyed a decent meal.Couldn't resist another hour walk on the beach whilst she mugged the older generation family (so good to see ..the family not the mugging :shock: ) playing rounders- actually she became an additional 'fielder' :lol: along with their gorgeous goldies .
A few photos from today,well more than a few but with a new camera it took several attempts before managing some decent shots :oops: :lol:

Tide was so low we walked to France

No doodles !

New camera ...

Doodles near and far - honest!

Doodles keep everyone busy

Squint and you can see Ben's folks + Rhu on the move again :D

Told you it was a new camera

You guess ...Ben or Harvey??

Doodling on the beach - did I mention already it was a glorious day

Linny & her gang

Action shot :lol:

...5 attempts later ( sure she must be lights out tonight!)

Rhu in action

Handsome

Handsome too 8)

Lone star

Guess who?

Brothers loving the beach

On your marks ...

When it's this warm in March, a dog's gotta lie in the sea
Better stop adding photos !! :lol:
Good to see you all today and hope you enjoy some of the photos.

Early night tonight. Have a good week everyone

The Turners

Re: Devon Diehards do Dawlish ... 11 03 2012

Post by The Turners » 11 Mar 2012, 23:21

Lovely photo's :D ................................ Ben or Harvey with the beach huts in the background is a really wonderful photo. :D
You did really well with new camera, all the doods looked fantastic, and it looked such a beautiful day. Glad you all had fun :D
Nicky Chris & Wurly
Image Image

annvinton

Post by annvinton » 12 Mar 2012, 08:46

Thanks for the lovely pics, Michelle.
It was Ben!!!!! I think lol.

Sorry Raindrop didn't make it to the dash ......................but HEY...........look at the weather!!!!!!!!!

Ann & Ben

ImageImage

DevonDoodleDog

Post by DevonDoodleDog » 12 Mar 2012, 09:17

Fab piccys of a fab day. I'm amazed you managed to get any pics of rhu, with her charging about all over the place... She slept all the way home. Zzzzzzzz
Rhubarb

MrsAdmin

Post by MrsAdmin » 12 Mar 2012, 10:04

Great photos Michelle :lol:

Rhu is certainly a live wire, and I even got a glimpse of Linny's little pup, Amos :P

Sorry we couldn't make it. Hubbie was on rota duty from 12 - 1 and I am not yet walking too far. See the plastic surgeons tomorrow to see what is going to happen about the 'Alien' in my head from my accident and have an MRI scan booked in a month's time in case I have a blood clot causing problems :roll:

Had a 'fun' day in the Theatre instead, unscrewing 140 stinking ash trays from the backs of the seats :roll:

Where and when the next meet? I think it will have to be after Easter. Perhaps Sunday 22nd April?

How about Churston woods in Brixham, then we can walk down to the beach that dogs are allowed on and get in a good yomp as well? Not very suitable for pushchairs though so you need to bring back packs and stout boots. Hopefully it won't have torrential rain this time :roll: It's a dry weather walk all right :lol:

The beaches close on April 1st :cry:
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Harvey Doodle

Post by Harvey Doodle » 12 Mar 2012, 18:07

Lovely photographs Michelle. I realised as soon as got to Dawlish that I'd forgotten my camera :oops: :oops:

It was a great day out, my Uncle enjoyed himself as well as us; Harvey was very tired for the rest of the day and a bit stiff when he got up from his sleep, but he's fine this morning. He must have run miles on the beach.

It's always nice seeing Ben and Harvey together. :D :D

We are OK for a walk on 22nd April, the only Sunday in April apart from Easter Day that we don't have commitments :shock:

How steep and slippery is Churston Woods? Marion isn't good on slopes, particularly slippery ones after a very nasty ankle fracture a few years ago. :cry:
Ken, Marion & Harvey
ImageImage

callstevie

Post by callstevie » 12 Mar 2012, 21:15

Great photos so sorry we missed you but we where up north for steve,s nieces 18th .See you all at next meet.

Amanda Steve & Barney

Dillondood

Post by Dillondood » 12 Mar 2012, 23:53

What beautiful weather! (Funny that :wink: )

Looked like a wonderful day Michelle, and your pictures are superb :P

Really hope to see you all soon xxx
Dillon, Darcy & Ruth