Surrey Strollers - Sun 23rd March, 10.30 AM - Reigate Hill

This forum is for organising regional, informal meetings for owners, prospective owners, breeders etc
WendyJ

Surrey Strollers - Sun 23rd March, 10.30 AM - Reigate Hill

Post by WendyJ » 10 Mar 2014, 13:45

Hi all,

Nice to see several of you can make it (hooray for Stout, Gertie, Flo, Ruby, Jessie, Dexter, Maisy and Rubee :D ) and have decided Reigate Hill will best suit all.

As previously posted by Paula (hope she takes pity on me and posts her map* here soon!):

The start is at Wray Lane Car Park near the top of Reigate Hill (very close to J8 of the M25, see map* below - the car park is indicated by an orange arrow).

Nearest postcode is RH2 0HX (Sat Nav users please note that, if approaching from the M25, this postcode is beyond the No Entry signs just past the entrance to the car park - at that point, please ignore the directions of the Sat Nav and do not go through the No Entry - you will have just arrived at the car park.

From Wray Lane, there is a fairly long, gentle uphill walk along a track to Colley Hill, at the top of the North Downs with stunning views.

Please note there are usually cyclists, children and occasionally horses on the track and there is a small herd of cattle in the meadow. The cattle ignore people and dogs but, if your doodle is prone to chasing any of the above, please be prepared to pop the lead on as we pass by.

Newcomers welcome, both doods and non-doods.

Please reply to this post if you will be joining us (if you haven't already!) so we know whom to expect and shall know to wait for you if you are a little late!

Wendy and Tilly x
Wendy, Tilly and Rupert

Hawkins

Re: Surrey Strollers - Sun 23rd March, 10.30 AM - Reigate Hi

Post by Hawkins » 11 Mar 2014, 12:33

Hopefully Piet and I will be make the 23rd March. Look forward to seeing you all.

WendyJ

Post by WendyJ » 15 Mar 2014, 08:23

Bumping for next Sunday :D

Wendy and Tilly x
Wendy, Tilly and Rupert

Paula&Archie

Post by Paula&Archie » 19 Mar 2014, 00:03

Hi Wendy,

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, Archie, Logan and I shall be there. Logan is back on the lead again as he tends to run off which is such a shame as he so loves to run. Walks are stressful and unenjoyable for me and dull and unfulfilling for Logan but that is how it has to be.

I'm going to bring along my grown-up camera this time. I have been practising with it and have had mixed results. I have impressed myself with some shots but, with others, I just get an ear or a tail in the frame! It will be quite a challenge identifying the doodles by an ear or a tail! Anyway, I'm up for experimenting with it!

Here are the directions to and description of the location....

The start is at Wray Lane Car Park near the top of Reigate Hill (very close to J8 of the M25, see map below - the car park is indicated by an orange arrow).

Nearest postcode is RH2 0HX (Sat Nav users please note that, if approaching from the M25, this postcode is beyond the No Entry signs just past the entrance to the car park - at that point, please ignore the directions of the Sat Nav and do not go through the No Entry - you will have just arrived at the car park.

From Wray Lane, there is a fairly long, gentle uphill walk along a track to Colley Hill, at the top of the North Downs with stunning views.

Please note there are usually cyclists, children and occasionally horses on the track and there is a small herd of cattle in the meadow. The cattle ignore people and dogs but, if your doodle is prone to chasing any of the above, please be prepared to pop the lead on as we pass by.

ImageImageImageImage
Archie and Logan (Honorary Doodles)

jessie

Post by jessie » 20 Mar 2014, 00:06

Gutted I now can't make this as we've been invited up to Halifax at the last minute to Keith's brother's for his birthday!! Hope to make the next one - haven't told Jessie yet!! Love to all x

marleyman

Post by marleyman » 20 Mar 2014, 20:29

We are in the New Forest for this one, but Lola will be at the next meet :D

susiet

Post by susiet » 21 Mar 2014, 17:16

.....and we're going to be in St Neots for the weekend now visiting my neice. So sadly I'm going to have this meet a miss I'm afraid. Flo and Ruby will be gutted cos they're not coming with us!

Have a good one all!

See you at the next one hopefully xxx

ps Had a lovely walk on Headley Down with Jo the other week so perhaps we could try a meet there - great for those who live Dorking way. (Jo said she's going on the stroll with her two!)

Susie x
Flora Doodle

dottydiva62

Post by dottydiva62 » 21 Mar 2014, 22:07

Hello

Is the walk still on for Sunday 23rd at Reigate Hill? I noticed quite a few people are away. Gertie and I would still love to join anyone still going, we can't do a very long walk as she is still only 5 months but I know she would love to meet some more doodles and show off her new haircut!.

Jane and Gertie

marymuffin

Post by marymuffin » 21 Mar 2014, 23:27

Dexter and I still intend to come,be lovely to meet you. H and D

WendyJ

Post by WendyJ » 22 Mar 2014, 10:04

Hi Jane and Gertie,

Yes...still on for tomorrow! Think we should have about 6 doodles and our 2 honourary doodles at least :D

Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting Gertie (she looks so smart!).

Wendy and Tilly x
Wendy, Tilly and Rupert

Maisy12

Post by Maisy12 » 23 Mar 2014, 10:00

Morning, sorry Maisy and myself can't make it today, my stepdad is taking her to shoreham with my mum in a minute since my mums not working today so that I can get packing as I'm off to the Philippines next week, once I'm back we will be at the next one. Have fun and see you soon!
ImageImage
Claire & Maisy

dottydiva62

Post by dottydiva62 » 23 Mar 2014, 21:07

:D Lovely to meet everyone today at Reigate Hill. I am sorry we couldn't take Gertie all the way but she is still young although if we'd asked her I am sure she would of happily finished all the route! We look forward to meeting you all again soon.