Aargh clippers broke helf way through and clipping question

This forum is for organising regional, informal meetings for owners, prospective owners, breeders etc
J RALPH

Aargh clippers broke helf way through and clipping question

Post by J RALPH » 30 Sep 2014, 11:15

Hi

I was clipping Scooby last night (with my £20 pair of Aldi dog clippers!) and they just suddenly stopped working. I had done his back, and neck. So now he looks like Mr muscle as his legs are loads longer than his body and not blending in at all. His thighs just look huge bless him. Had a go at scissor cutting his legs but wasn't going well so have had to just leave him and order some new clippers that hopefully I can get tomorrow. Are the WAHL ones that are about £50 any good? Self sharpening?

Also I like his legs slightly longer than his body, how do I do that with clippers? It never looks quire right as the hair on his legs seems to grow strangely.

Thanks

Julie

Bid

Re: Aargh clippers broke helf way through and clipping quest

Post by Bid » 30 Sep 2014, 20:55

Do you use the comb attachments? I use a different comb for Poppy's head to leave it a bit longer as otherwise she looks like she's got a flat head.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 30 Sep 2014, 23:10

Oh Julie,

I've had to laugh (sorry!) as I've attacked Ianto tonight with a pair of hairdressing scissors.... :shock: I can only cut as much as an Arden Grange Liver Pate tube will last. He looks a b*993r!!! but I'm kidding myself that he's happier without all that fuzz....... :roll:

Anne & Ianto x

J RALPH

Post by J RALPH » 01 Oct 2014, 10:06

Hi Bid, yes I use the comb attachments and manage to blend his head in fine (I leave that longer too, like him to look like a doodle not a poodle) but I just cant seem to blend his legs in. The top half of his legs get really long but below the "knee" joint is always quite short so really struggle to get his legs to look tidy. At the moment he looks like his wearing those peplum trousers that are baggy at the top and tight at the bottom. I cant do them until I get some more clippers. Any recommendations??

Hi Anne, yeah I made a right hodge bodge job with the scissors (also hairdressing ones!) so I gave up!

Julie

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 01 Oct 2014, 21:13

It's the curls that are the problem with Ianto, Julie! They look okay when you're cutting but the next day, they unravel and stick out like 'sore fingers'... Poor lad! He looks dire... but I console myself that it grows back!! :oops: :roll: I think a pair of clippers are definitely on my Wish List now!
Anne & Ianto x