including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 27 Jun 2019, 10:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: East Mids - Bestwood Park Meet Sunday, 15 Nov 10.30 am
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2015, 23:13 

Hi everyone,

The East Midlands Doodle Meet Group have a Meet scheduled tomorrow at Bestwood Park, Notts. They will be meeting up in the car park at the back of the Best Western, Bestwood Lodge hotel at 10.30 am. There is no charge for parking.

There are toilet facilities in the car park just a little further down from the hotel and also some within the park near Alexandra Lodge. Although it may be possible to buy coffee from the hotel, most of us are going to be carrying flasks to be sure of a hot drink after our exertions...

Due to recent weather conditions, wellies are advisable and the park may not be ideal for those with mobility issues - our last visit was a brilliant walk, but there were different levels, lots of mud and some very steep paths.

Hope to see you there (it's Boris Doodle's 3rd Birthday, and there will be [liver] cake!! ) :D

Anne, Ianto & Wyre xx

Post subject: Re: East Mids - Bestwood Park Meet Sunday, 15 Nov 10.30 am
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2015, 20:01 

Just missed that meet! I hope you all had a lovely time. I'm new to the forum but live in Nottingham, so hoping to meet up in the near future.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2015, 02:15 

Hi again, Victoria!
Sorry you and Meg missed out on Sunday's Meet - we had a great time as the rain held off and it was (remarkably) calm and warm in the park... As we were all dressed for Ice Age conditions there was a lot of puffing and panting :lol: There was lots of water in the ditches though, so the doods managed to 'cool off' in their own inimitable way... :shock:
The next East Midlands Meet will be at Elvaston Castle on Sunday, 6 December meeting up at 10 for 10.30 am. I'll post more details on here closer to the time. Meanwhile, if you're on FB, we have a group on there called (originally enough) East Midlands Doodle Meet Group...
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2015, 20:15 

Hello. We are brand new into the world of Doodles and would love to take part as we live NG6 area if Nottingham. Our puppy Hedley can't go out until after vaccinations, last one early Jan 2016. When/where will the next meeting be?
Thanks Jo, Curtis and puppy - Hedley :)

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2015, 21:27 

Hi Jo,
Welcome to the world of doodles!
Our next scheduled Meet is at Elvaston Castle on 30th December... at little too early for young Hedley. But hopefully Dawn will be scheduling the Meets for 2016 very soon. We're hoping that there will be one around 17th January as it will be Ozzy Smith's birthday! :D
As soon as the New Year Meets are sorted, I'll post on here. Are you on FB? The East Mids have a page on there called East Midlands Doodle Meet Group. All info is on there, along with photos of recent Meets. Hope to see you there... Erm, any photos of young Hedley, by any chance?? :oops: :D :D
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2016, 23:44 

Oh, typical we are at home this weekend, Anne, but its my eldest sons 16th birthday on sunday, not sure if he would be impressed if I drag him to a meeting :lol: :lol:

Also OH having an operation 2 days before for a groin hernia, so not sure if he would be up for walking around much.

Please keep me informed for other meetings, because I am determined to make some this year.

Sarah

p.s. I am not on facebook, so if you could let me know on here would be great.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2016, 02:09 

Hi Sarah,
Isn't it always the same?? You wait ages for something and then get thwarted at the last minute.... :( Yes, the next Meet is on Sunday, 17 Jan - I called it as Lyrraine wanted to celebrate Ozzy's birthday with all his chums!
I'll let you know the dates of any future Meets on here... So far, nothing has been planned - lots of venues are either under water or extremely soggy! I hope the OH's surgery goes well - I'm not thinking a Doodle Meet would be the best of places to be so soon afterwards - we usually have at least one hoom 'taken out' by our over-enthusiastic charges.... :shock:
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x