Midlands Doodle Meet

This forum is for organising regional, informal meetings for owners, prospective owners, breeders etc
Catherine Ford

Post by Catherine Ford » 28 Feb 2007, 15:06

Hi Bardgate Park in Leicestershire is a lovely place to walk with your Doodle. Tea rooms and Loos.

Doodie's_mum

Post by Doodie's_mum » 28 Feb 2007, 15:14

We had planned to take Doodie to Bradgate Park some time - haven't been since I was a kid!

Sounds good to me!

What about everyone else?

I reallyneedadoodle girl!

Post by I reallyneedadoodle girl! » 28 Feb 2007, 16:17

Hi ya,

Leicestershire sounds great! Please may I still come although I haven't a doodle of my own? I'd love to meet one...or some real ones!

Jane

eileenandmolly

Post by eileenandmolly » 28 Feb 2007, 18:49

it seems like we have 2 possible venues - Bradgate Park in Leicestershire, and Wyre Forest in Worcestershire (seems we have 2 Molly's in Worcestershire, a 4-year old and a 7-month old - would be fun on recall!!) Can I suggest we plan a meeting for both - and yes, I think it would be lovely to have non-Doodle-owners there too, and would exopect others to think so too!!! - they could take turns at controlling the doods!!! So - how about fixing a couple of dates? Please can they be at least 3 weeks from now as my baby is in season for the first time!! And do people want weekday or weekend, and any preferences as to day eg ?Sunday for instance? Is anybody out there a good organiser? I'm happy to try if no takers, but happy to leave it to someone else otherwise!!!

Sonia1309

walkies

Post by Sonia1309 » 28 Feb 2007, 22:53

Weekend either day would suit me, maybe in April sometime?

eileenandmolly

Post by eileenandmolly » 01 Mar 2007, 20:11

Ok, let's go for something....shall we say Sunday 1 April (Palm Sunday!) at Wyre Forest Centre, then Sunday 29 April at Bradgate park? I am happy to be the point of contact, unless any better offers!!!, and find and send out directions (eg Wyre Forest Centre is near Bewdley, for the Leicestershire/Derbyshire/Notts folk - but would get proper details for you) Can anyone give me directions for Bradgate Park (have had a look at website and it looks absolutely lovely - apart from risk of doodles and deer!!! - but guess we can manage that!!) What do you all think (potential doodle owners too!!) ? If we could agree dates/times/places, I could do a new post saying Midlands Meet arranged!!! Hey... Molly says she can't wait!!!!!

eileenandmolly

Ok, let's go for something....shall we say Sunday 1 April (Palm Sunday!) at Wyre Forest Centre, then Sunday 29 April at Bradgate park? I am happy to be the point of contact, unless any better offers!!!, and find and send out directions (eg Wyre Forest Centre is near Bewdley, for the Leicestershire/Derbyshire/Notts folk - but would get proper details for you) Can anyone give me directions for Bradgate Park (have had a look at website and it looks absolutely lovely - apart from risk of doodles and deer!!! - but guess we can manage that!!) What do you all think (potential doodle owners too!!) ? If we could agree dates/times/places, I could do a new post saying Midlands Meet arranged!!! Hey... Molly says she can't wait!!!!!

eileenandmolly

eileenandmolly

eileenandmolly

Post by eileenandmolly » 01 Mar 2007, 20:13

oops!

Post by I reallyneedadoodle girl! » 02 Mar 2007, 09:38

I'm up for Bradgate Park Eileen :D

Doodie's_mum

Post by Doodie's_mum » 02 Mar 2007, 10:05

Sorry to be a pain, but would it be possible to do either the Sunday before or the Sunday after the 29th April (they would be either 22nd April or 6th May).

My OH works one weekend on/one weekend off and i know he's going to want to come along, but he's working the 29th.

Post by I reallyneedadoodle girl! » 02 Mar 2007, 10:11

I'm ok with any date. :)

eileenandmolly

Post by eileenandmolly » 02 Mar 2007, 19:35

ok with me - not sure about others, so will check and see! If there is anyone else out there who can make a meet in Worcestershire and/or Leicestershire, please let me know!! :D

Sonia1309

Post by Sonia1309 » 02 Mar 2007, 21:51

I can do the 1st April, I will also ask the breeder i had molly from, I'm sure she'll come too. What sort of time? Suppose it depends how far people are travelling :D