If you have suggestions for features you would like to see on teh site, comments about the site or any bugs that you have spotted - please post here
KateW

Post by KateW » 14 Aug 2010, 17:04

Last night I had great problems logging in to respond to Jag's thread and since then have been unable to read my pms or post on here. Have just managed two tiny posts but was logged out five times while trying to make them :roll:

I cannot respond to any pms at the moment although I have managed to read them....So please note I am not ignoring anybody and will reply asap.

Have reported this to Mark but he is probably enjoying a relaxing Saturday in the sun....

Katherine
ImageImage

Madeleine

Re: Log in problems.....

Post by Madeleine » 14 Aug 2010, 18:32

Hi katherine

I had trouble last weekend - thought it was me or i had been banned ! Mark sorted it for me too. He's a wiz with computers.
ImageImage

FionaH

Post by FionaH » 14 Aug 2010, 19:29

Try clearing your cache and any cookies that are stored - then log in after restarting your browser, that might help?

KateW

Post by KateW » 14 Aug 2010, 19:55

Thanks Fiona; I have tried that without success. I have noticed that the layout of some of the forum pages has changed slightly so perhaps the update doesn't like me :lol: Everything else is working well and no problems with any other sites.

I will try using my emergency laptop later. However did we manage without the internet :lol:

Katherine
ImageImage

FionaH

Post by FionaH » 14 Aug 2010, 20:54

What browser are you using? I am using Chrome and it works well in Firefox too -- haven't tested it out with Safari yet but IE is notoriously buggy with CSS, which may be the issue.

KateW

Post by KateW » 15 Aug 2010, 00:21

FionaH wrote:What browser are you using? I am using Chrome and it works well in Firefox too -- haven't tested it out with Safari yet but IE is notoriously buggy with CSS, which may be the issue.
Thanks, Fiona. I am now using my emergency laptop and have Chrome as my browser; I have finally managed to reply to pms......

My main laptop uses AOL; I much prefer the Chrome browser but need to be on AOL to receive my e mails and work.Usually I am on here spasmodically while working on something else.

If this goes on, I am going to have to have a much larger desk.

Katherine
ImageImage

FionaH

Post by FionaH » 15 Aug 2010, 10:36

Please accept my deepest sympathies, having to use AOL must be a tragically depressing event ;P

Glad to hear that you have somehow reached a temporary solution however!

KateW

Post by KateW » 16 Aug 2010, 01:17

FionaH wrote:Please accept my deepest sympathies, having to use AOL must be a tragically depressing event ;P

Glad to hear that you have somehow reached a temporary solution however!
Thank you Fiona :lol: We would love to change but as it seems that this can cause one to be off line for indefinite periods, we decided better the devil,etc. I blame Dell for this sorry state of affairs; AOL came with my first computer some years ago.....I own a small bookshop so we have a constant stream of e mails plus I review books for various people who contact me by e mail.

Mark has kindly investigated and can"t find anything wrong at source so thinks it must be some problem here. So I can only access the site to post from my emergency laptop and am not getting thread or pm notifications apart from randomly....

Katherine
ImageImage

FionaH

Post by FionaH » 16 Aug 2010, 12:02

Dell and AOL, you poor thing!! ;P

I can understand you wanting to stick with what you have though -- especially when it impacts on your business. I could offer you all sorts of easy solutions to fix the problem seamlessly if you like :)

It's most likely an upgrade to the CSS that's conflicting somewhere. I also meant to ask if you had adblockers running, as that too can cause issues when accessing PHP boards.

KateW

Post by KateW » 16 Aug 2010, 16:49

FionaH wrote:Dell and AOL, you poor thing!! ;P

I can understand you wanting to stick with what you have though -- especially when it impacts on your business. I could offer you all sorts of easy solutions to fix the problem seamlessly if you like :)

It's most likely an upgrade to the CSS that's conflicting somewhere. I also meant to ask if you had adblockers running, as that too can cause issues when accessing PHP boards.
Thank you, Fiona :D I am always grateful for computer advice; I am almost completely self taught apart from having to ask my nephew to show me how to use a keyboard, had never been near one before we had to get a computer.We are now using Acer laptops and my emergency laptop is a Toshiba, all Windows XP. I think my next computer will be Apple; they seem to think more like me :lol: But I have only played briefly with one and an I Player......

I will check the adblockers when I come back from the evening dog walk. I haven"t changed anything recently although I do have Windows set to update automatically.

Katherine
ImageImage