Harry and Ollie together again, waiting at the bridge

For remembering our beloved friends who await us at the Rainbow Bridge
DebbieDoodles

Harry and Ollie together again, waiting at the bridge

Post by DebbieDoodles » 05 Dec 2011, 19:50

I haven't posted for a while, but wanted to share some very sad news with you all. You may recall our beloved Ollie lost his battle back in June due to long term health problems, which left a big hole in our lives and particularly his brother Harry, who missed him very much. Ollie was only 6 years and 10 months.

We decided to get a rescue dog, and Barney came to live with us and Harry at the beginning of September, he is a very much welcomed addition to our family, and kept Harry company for a short while.

Very sadly, Harry suffered from a twisted gut 2 weeks ago. We are not sure how it happened, but we rushed him into the emergency vets at 12pm on Sunday night and they operated immediately. Unfortunately there were complications, he was bleeding out, and he had to go back into surgery early on Monday morning, when a damaged spleen was also removed. He was critical for the next 2 days, and the vets fought to regulate his very irratic heart beat and low blood clotting. We thought we had cured the problem with extra drugs which seemed to bring his heart back into line, and all was looking positive on Wednesday afternoon. Then at 11pm on Wednesday night the phone call came to say they had lost Harry, his heart finally gave out and he was gone.

We are all so sad, Harry was only 7 years and 3 months old, to lose our 2 lovely brothers so close to each other and so young seems to be more pain than most can bear.

We brought Harry home on Thursday morning, and buried him next to his brother in the garden.

My heart goes out to our big, beautiful, mischievious, cuddly snow loving boys. We will love you forever.

Debbie, John and Barney
We love snow!

tillytubbie

Re: Harry and Ollie together again, waiting at the bridge

Post by tillytubbie » 05 Dec 2011, 19:56

Words cannot describe ..... so, so sorry xx At least they are together xx My love, best wishes and sympathy xx
Image Image Image

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 05 Dec 2011, 20:09

Ohh Debbie and John, how terribly heart wrenching and upsetting. So sorry to read your tragic news. Reading your post bought tears to my eyes. My deepest sympathy to you all.

Treasure the good times. That photo of the snow loving boys is one to cherish.
Take care
Mx

Liz!

Post by Liz! » 05 Dec 2011, 20:14

Aaaaw, so sorry to hear this, how terrible for you. Can't even begin to think about how terrible. XXXX
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read ~ Groucho Marx

becky.q

Post by becky.q » 05 Dec 2011, 20:22

I am so sorry about your loss (((HUGS)))

sadiethestinky

Post by sadiethestinky » 05 Dec 2011, 20:22

That is so heartbreaking for you and your family. My thoughts are with you all. (((((((()))))))) xxx
Image,Image

Rowan11

Post by Rowan11 » 05 Dec 2011, 20:29

oh bless you this is soo sad. its really made me cry. i think about how i felt when i lost my little man earlier this year. i still think of him every day. you poor family having to go through it twice and so close together ! my heart really does go out to you and youve been so brave typing all that out. best of luck with Barney. XXXXX
Dawn & Luna x

pixie's mum

Post by pixie's mum » 05 Dec 2011, 20:37

Gosh - you have had such a lot to bear this year
I was very upset to read your post and how traumatic this has been for you all

Warm wags and loving licks
Pixie
ImageImage
ImageImage

DebbieDoodles

Post by DebbieDoodles » 05 Dec 2011, 20:42

Thanks for all your kind words. I have to say it's Barney that is helping us to get through it, he really is a very affectionate and attention loving dog, a big, warm, hairy, cuddly thing that doesn't mind if we wipe our tears on his coat. He reminds us with his love of life why we go through the pain of separation. x
We love snow!

linny

Post by linny » 05 Dec 2011, 21:00

:cry: :cry: So sad to read your post, how devastated you must be. :(
I lost my old Doodle Bobby in similar circumstance he had an autoimmune problem and bled out so I can relate to your pain.
At least you can find comfort in Barney bless him.
Thinking of you.....big hugs.
Linny Ambrose and Huggy

nutttymutts

Post by nutttymutts » 05 Dec 2011, 21:17

Debbie I am so sorry to hear this our heart felt sympathy to you from up all

Alibobs

Post by Alibobs » 05 Dec 2011, 21:22

That is just so heartbreaking. Just reading your post brought tears to my eyes. It is lovely to hear though that Barney is helping you through this terrible time. My thoughts are with you and your family xx
Alison & Lola x

Bid

Post by Bid » 05 Dec 2011, 21:44

Oh how terrible :( :( . You poor poor things, to lose two doodles so close together and way before their time :cry: :cry: . You have my deepest sympathy.
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Sally1958

Post by Sally1958 » 05 Dec 2011, 21:54

I am so sorry, it is heartbreaking to lose a young dog. Special hugs to you all. Rainbow Bridge has so many wonderful dogs now