Rock/padstow area

THis section is for posting about locations and attractions that are dog-friendly. Holiday homes, hotels, campsites and pubs - at home or abroad.
iwantadog

Rock/padstow area

Post by iwantadog » 13 May 2014, 17:17

We went down to Rock, which is on the opposite side of the estuary to Padstow last weekend.

We had a brilliant time, and found a couple of dog friendly pubs, one in particular was very nice, The St Kew Inn at St Kew, it did lovely food and a good dog beach was Daymer Bay. You did have to pay to park which was a bit annoying, but it was a very safe beach and perfect for Murohy's morning walk. Murphy was also allowed in all the shops everywhere we went which was really nice.

Just thought I would share as I know it's a popular place this time of year.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

swardie

Re: Rock/padstow area

Post by swardie » 13 May 2014, 17:33

Aw, you've brought back many happy memories from when I lived in the South! X

Phoebe11

Post by Phoebe11 » 13 May 2014, 18:25

:D yes it's fantastic for dogs we had a dog friendly hous last June for a week in Rock and it was great, lovely beaches, dog friendly pubs & took them over by the ferry to Padstow where you are right dog friendly shops! What a treat. We also took them to the lost gardens of Heligan which is also dog friendly. Thank you cornwall for accepting our babies.
Jo, Phoebe & Darcy

annvinton

Post by annvinton » 14 May 2014, 08:25

We're going to Rock again this year for a week in June. We stay in a bungalow which has access directly on to the beach at Porthilly Cove, which is also dog friendly all year.
Ben has the most brilliant time ...... comes home really exhausted ............. as there are usually lots of playmates (including doodles!) on the beach.

This is Ben watching the beach goings on from the bottom of the garden.

Ann & Ben