Treats

Use this section to discuss pros and cons of variuous feeding regimes and other matters relating to nutrition
Brooks13

Treats

Post by Brooks13 » 23 Apr 2016, 12:29

Just wondering what treats you would recommend for a puppy. I would like to make my own but as a grab and go treat what do you use? I’ve been having a look about and some of them seem mighty expensive for not very many!

Bid

Re: Treats

Post by Bid » 23 Apr 2016, 13:45

Barker and Barker treats are good http://www.barkerandbarkertreats.co.uk/

I have a dehydrator and I dry chopped liver and kidney myself - also banana!
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

We5Kings

Re: Treats

Post by We5Kings » 23 Apr 2016, 15:59

When Dude was little, and we were doing early off lead training,I used cooked chicken( as suggested by the puppy class trainer) As it turned out chicken gave him a v v runny upset Tum, Doh!!
So, we moved onto tiny thin slices of sausage along with something less exciting, like kibble. This was good because every so often he'd get a piece of sausage!
Now I just buy Sainsburys gravy bones( the small ones) and break them in half to keep in my pocket. That and carrot chopped up small. Sometimes I buy the fish skin treats( Dudes fave) if we are going to a new place...because on those occasions fishy treats are the best recall when the outdoor smells are way more tempting!! Anny