Hello from me & Angus

If you would like to, we invite you to post a short introduction about yourself and your interest in Labradoodles.
DaveNE

Hello from me & Angus

Post by DaveNE » 30 Dec 2016, 19:52

Hi everyone,

Just like to introduce Ourselves I'm Dave. And this is Angus he's 19 weeks old and is a F1 Doodle His mum was a Chocolate Lab Dad Was A Standard poodle. Had dogs all my life but after border collie Number 4 it was time for a change so we decided on a Labradoodle.

His Full name is Angus Young As i am a massive AC/DC fan the wife's idea :lol:

At 19 weeks he's a naughty little bugger at time's but on the whole he's coming on very well.

Angus At 9 Weeks old

My Daughter & Angus Having cuddles at 10 Weeks

Big Change At 13 Weeks

So here we are at 16 Weeks & Angus has now established his place on the sofa :D

He Also has a fetish for empty boxes

Brings us up to 19 weeks

kobi&jazz

Re: Hello from me & Angus

Post by kobi&jazz » 30 Dec 2016, 23:32

Welcome to the forum. What a cute little guy you have there...Love his name, love the pics too - keep them coming and make the most of the puppies days, as a dog owner you will appreciate how quickly they grow :) :)

Coco and Annie

Post by Coco and Annie » 31 Dec 2016, 09:54

What a cutie!

Welcome!

Angus looks as though he's going to be a big boy!

I look forward to hearing more. We love puppies here.....

We5Kings

Post by We5Kings » 31 Dec 2016, 17:35

What a lovely boy! He looks exactly like a Hamish Doodle we know. :D

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 04 Jan 2017, 12:37

Beautiful puppy pictures! Angus Young is a very lucky boy to have a 'Child of his Own' to grow up with and make so many memories...
Welcome to the forum, Angus and family -
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

linny

Post by linny » 04 Jan 2017, 22:02

:) Hello you and Angus ....welcome :)....he is going to grow into a really handsome Dood.... looking forward to watching him grow so keep posting the pics :)

DaveNE

Post by DaveNE » 05 Jan 2017, 14:19

Thanks for the kind words :D

I am quite amazed how quick he is picking things up. He's a clever boy head and shoulders above the collies I've had in the past.

The only thing he isn't doing atm is being let off the lead thats more fear on my behalf, as my collies used to hate bikes and run away sure we will get there.

I will post some more pictures in a few weeks as he's changing all the time starting to get a little beard :lol:

linny

Post by linny » 06 Jan 2017, 00:48

DaveNE wrote: The only thing he isn't doing atm is being let off the lead thats more fear on my behalf, as my collies used to hate bikes and run away sure we will get there.
You will be amazed at how clever Doods are Dave...I have kept many dogs for well over 55 years and Labradoodles come out tops (next to Border terriers. They like to be kept mentally active and some are too darned clever for their own good as I found out with one of mine :roll: :lol:

Re letting off the lead ...it's really important to let pups off the lead as early as possible and I fear you might have missed that window of opportunity.
If you let them off when they are very young whilst they are still dependent on you to be their protector (obviously in a safe environment ) it is much easier to work on recall You can play hide and seek with them and reward them when they find you.
Considering his age now ...I would really start working off lead straight away...before he starts to be more independent and finds that other things are much more interesting than listening to you :)

DaveNE

Post by DaveNE » 22 Jan 2017, 16:43

Thanks for the tip's Got straight to work on letting Angus off the lead. Been at it over a week now and he's doing fine the odd run off to see other dogs but he does come back when called.

Thanks again for the Help and reply's

Ianto!

Post by Ianto! » 23 Jan 2017, 22:34

I would second linny's advice on letting your little dood off-lead asap... My first doodle was made in the image of linny's (amazing) Huggy... :wink: and I made the error of not letting him off-lead until he was five months old (combination of the worst winter for yonks, and no-where safely fenced to allow it). He has been a nightmare to train to Recall. He got it, then lost it (teenage cloth-ears). We are just now working on good Recall - so the sooner the better.
When we got our second dood, we were taught at classes to get them to follow us by engaging their interest with a tuggy or other toy, and getting them to follow us by wagging it in their faces and walking (then running) backwards across the room. Eventually, they will run after you on a long lead. My second dood is allowed off-lead and Recalled, using treats (I know, it should be a toy!) and then I sprinkle a few small treats on the ground. Whilst he hoovers them up (you can use turkey breast mince) I tootle off, then when he finishes them - I call him, and he comes running for more...
Obviously, people use other methods, but this has worked for us. Ianto has had to go back to long lead training, but is beginning to be more reliable with his Recall... If you have problems, you can always use a Heim biothane long lead - it's a long, wipe-able line that gives your dood the idea they are off-lead but allows you to 'reel them in' if required...
Anne, Ianto & Wyre x

dexysback

Post by dexysback » 24 Jan 2017, 15:40

Welcome from myself and dexter ,your pup is so cute ,love hes shinny coat.Your daughter will have so much fun with him.
ImageImage

DaveNE

Post by DaveNE » 06 Apr 2017, 13:45

Hello just thought I would post some updated pictures of Angus.

He's coming up to 8 months now weighing a staggering 24kg He's a big lad :D

Angus and Mr pigglesworth think they both like the cuddles :lol:

Looking all cute

And this is his daily ritual looking at the birds out of the bedroom window

Angus looking like a ewock with his impressive Beard :lol:

Is that a beard or what ?

Angus is a total cuddle monster loves sitting with his dad

I would also like to add that he's become a total legend off the lead nothing seams to bother him he's such a well behaved dog couldn't be happier with the way he's turning out.

Working on him identifying different toys at the moment, at the moment I've got him to recognise 8 different toys to the point where I can line them up and tell him to get the corresponding toy. He picks the correct toy 99% of the time.

Quite amazed about his intelligence doodles rock

Coco and Annie

Post by Coco and Annie » 06 Apr 2017, 19:58

What a gorgeous big lad!

He's definitely a winner.

curtaintrack

Post by curtaintrack » 13 Jul 2017, 02:16

How lovely the dog is! I like it.