Struvite stones

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
SUECARR

Struvite stones

Post by SUECARR » 19 May 2017, 14:18

Hello all

My Doodle has been diagnosed with Urinary stones and although there are lots of foods available to reduce their formation my dog isn't too keen on these formulated foods and I have to coerce her and very often get the nose in the air and the walk past the bowl - you know how it goes ! :roll:

So ive been trolling the internet looking for homemade recipes to encourage her to partate of a new set of tastes and ive found one which is made up of cottage cheese, egg,brown rice,chicken fat and brewers yeast.

My question is does anyone have any recipes they might recommend so I could give a healthy variety?

Lotti,s Mum Sue

linny

Re: Struvite stones

Post by linny » 19 May 2017, 16:11

Hi Sue ,I have no experience of this but found a link with menu ideas and it also contains other links that might be helpful to you.
Linny.

http://bichon.ca/forum/index.php?topic=15027.0;wap2

SUECARR

Post by SUECARR » 19 May 2017, 19:57

Hi Linny

Many thanks for the link its really helpful and ive printed it off , various combinations to try out, if the diets can break down the formation of stones this will avoid the need for surgery which is my ultimate fear , can only but try

Sue

Bid

Post by Bid » 20 May 2017, 00:25

www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

SUECARR

Post by SUECARR » 21 May 2017, 06:40

Thankyou for the link Bid and ive printed this one too , the more information gathered is to the good.

The Vet is treating the infection separately and then the Stones with the view that Diet is probably integral to controlling the formation and weve had scans and the relevant tests so far.

I like the idea of a Herbalistic approach however I'm not knowledgeable enough to feel confident about using them in conjunction with other Medicines.

Sue

iwantadog

Post by iwantadog » 29 May 2017, 18:49

Nutriment do a complete raw one which is low fat, low purine and low phosphorus http://www.nutriment.co/low-purine-phos ... ula-adult/

ImageImageImageImageImageImage