Goodbye to Phoebe

Use this area to seek or offer guidance on specific training or behavioural matters.
dwood

Goodbye to Phoebe

Post by dwood » 06 Sep 2017, 07:56

Our beautiful Phoebe doodle passed away on Monday after having been lame for sometime which we thought was caused by arthritis but turned out to be a nerve sheaf tumour. She was almost 10. The light of our lives and loved by everyone. She worked as a PATherapy dog for 4 years and made everyone smile. Children in school read their books to her. I am heart broken and can't believe she is gone. She was gentle, well behaved, the best dog ever and so loving. Always at my side.
She will never be replaced and I am thankful she was in my life
Dorothy and Maisie

We5Kings

Re: Goodbye to Phoebe

Post by We5Kings » 06 Sep 2017, 18:12

Sending you our love. Phoebe sounds a wonderful girl.
It is heartbreaking to loose your dearest friend. Anny and Dude x

eileenandmolly

Post by eileenandmolly » 06 Sep 2017, 20:32

I wish I could think of the right words to say to comfort you.
As a "mum" of 2 doodles, I happen to think that they're all special, but Phoebe sounds so much more than special, and her gift to so many people through her PAT activities will be remembered forever. I can only send you heartfelt hugs. Xxx
Ei, Molly and Saffie

Bid

Post by Bid » 07 Sep 2017, 23:39

I am so sorry :cry: She really does sound like a special girl who will be missed by so many people. Nothing we can say will make it any easier, but everyone reading your words will be putting themselves in your shoes and imagining how you feel. THinking of you xx
www.dogtrekker.co.uk
Beauty without vanity, strength without insolence, courage without ferocity, and all the virtues of man without his vices - Byron

Pollydoodle

Post by Pollydoodle » 09 Sep 2017, 00:58

My heart goes out to you, my irreplaceable girl is about same age. What a wonderful celebration of life Phoebe offered to so many. Such beautiful memories for you to cherish,be it through tears or laughter over her antics. One super special doodle to hold in your heart forever...
Mx

linny

Post by linny » 10 Sep 2017, 11:41

:cry: :cry: So sorry to hear about Phoebe Dorothy. :cry: :cry:
There are no words of comfort to offer but we Doodle owners know all to well the pain you are feeling.
Take some comfort from the fact that Phoebe lived a full and active life and touched many hearts whilst she was here.
Thinking of you , God bless Phoebe your loyal and loving friend .

BIG HUG x Linny & the boys

dwood

Post by dwood » 04 Oct 2017, 09:12

Thanks for all kind thoughts and messages. It's been a month now but I am still heartbroken and think of her every day and still expect to be welcomed by her when I return home.
I have had 5 dogs and was sad with all of them passing but I think doodles are extra special and maybe one day I will get another.
Nothing can replace her but hopefully to experience again the joy of having such a wonderful pet and companion.
Dorothy and Maisie

Masil

Post by Masil » 04 Oct 2017, 23:14

Dorothy I am so sorry to hear about Phoebe. We met the beautiful Phoebe several years ago at 'All about dogs' at the Brentwood Centre. Sending you heartfelt condolences xx