including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 18 Sep 2019, 14:39

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Labradoodle sizes
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2019, 11:32 

I bought an f1 miniature labradoodle on Sunday! He’s absolutely perfect. His mum is a family, loving Labrador and his dad a red KC reg miniature poodle.

HOWEVER. We took him for his first jabs on Monday evening and at 9 weeks old he weighs 6.4kg and he’s standing the same size as my brothers Labrador did as a puppy. Just curious as he seems quite large for a “miniature” labradoodle.

I love him no matter what but I’d love to hear your thoughts and see your doodles that were meant to be mini but are.... not mini! :D

Post subject: Re: Labradoodle sizes
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2019, 14:03 

Lulu is an F1 miniature. Sane as you described. She now over 6 weighs 15k usually. Stands at 16 inches high

If that helps. But I have seen smaller than get and bigger than her

She’s wonderful

ImageImage

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2019, 14:17 

ashackcloth1 wrote:
I bought an f1 miniature labradoodle on Sunday! He’s absolutely perfect. His mum is a family, loving Labrador and his dad a red KC reg miniature poodle.

HOWEVER. We took him for his first jabs on Monday evening and at 9 weeks old he weighs 6.4kg and he’s standing the same size as my brothers Labrador did as a puppy. Just curious as he seems quite large for a “miniature” labradoodle.

I love him no matter what but I’d love to hear your thoughts and see your doodles that were meant to be mini but are.... not mini! :D

He does sound like he’s going to be quite big. Our mini Stanley is miniature labradoodle mum (mum lab dad miniature poodle) and miniature poodle dad. He is a year old and is bigger than our miniature schnauzer but smaller than a lab. He weighs 12kilos and don’t think he will grow much more. Huge character tho! Lol

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2019, 16:25 

Benjy was 6 kilos at 3months and pretty much reached full growth about 11 months, mum a labradoodle and dad a miniature poodle. Benjy’s a solid 18 kilos, looks small to medium but is a similar size to a lab when they’re side by side, but he’s not as big-bodied as a lab so seems smaller. We regularly meet a labradoodle on our walks which was fathered by a standard poodle, and he’s a LOT bigger.