including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 18 Jun 2019, 13:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Poorly Dood
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2019, 12:48 

I don't know if the weather is having an effect on our doodles health - had to rush Kobi to the vets at weekend as he was passing blood whilst trying to wee. He was really distressed and pacing ALL night wanting the back door left open so he could get out as he knows he not allowed to wee indoors :(
Vet gave him a good examination, an injection of antibiotics and antibiotic tablets for the next 10 days. The vet seems to think he has a UTI. Touchwood he does seem a little brighter in himself today but he just wants to rest and has spent most of the weekend sleeping. I do worry as he is now 11 years old and can see him slowing down. Love my big gentle giant.

Post subject: Re: Poorly Dood
PostPosted: 11 Feb 2019, 13:25 

I hope your boy gets better soon , it's so awful when they get sick. Doods seem to get all sorts of illnesses I've found , most of the posts seem to be poorly dogs.

All we can do is a fast track to the Vet and give lots of love to our fur babies.

Sue

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2019, 14:22 

Poor Kobi, hope he is feeling better soon

Chris, Michelle & Stout

ImageImage

Stout Puppy Pics:
http://photobucket.com/stoutdoodle

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2019, 16:18 

Poor Kobi, Holly sends her love, get well soon but enjoy all the loving attention you are getting. It is so hard to see them unwell and not be able to explain to them all will be well soon.
Sleep is the best medicine

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2019, 21:08 

Poor baby, hope he get well, soon xx

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2019, 17:38 

How is the lovely Kobi today? It's so hard when they get ill :(

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2019, 11:12 

Thanks for your lovely messages folks :)

Anny -Poor Kobi - he is such a gentle soul. He is still very listless, sleeping most of the time & has refused food since yesterday which just isn't him!!! His breathing was laboured yesterday so vet has taken blood to test his liver & kidneys. They tear your heart apart - he looks at me with those beautiful brown eyes as if to say 'Im not very well mum'. Bless him.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2019, 17:01 

We are wishing Kobi a speedy recovery at our home as I know how hard it is when they are sick.

The worst part is seeing them ill but i'm sure he will know how much you love him and are doing your best to get him through.

In my prayers Kobi

Sue.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2019, 16:08 

:( Oh dear!....really sorry to hear Kobi is so poorly.... I do hope he improves soon
Our boys are of similar age and are now more prone to illness.
Ambrose is also showing all the signs of old age and starting to slow down so I can empathize completely.
Have everything crossed for a speedy recovery...give him a big cuddle from me
Linny.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2019, 11:54 

Just a quick update on Kobi - blood results showing kidneys are ok, slight elevation in his liver, the uti hasn't gone completely so a stronger antibiotic given. He is also now on Metacam as his back legs are really giving him problems - he can walk about 10 steps then has to lie down, but really struggling when trying to get up. He still not interested in food (not him at all) so have been trying to tempt him by hand feeding him with steamed fish & veg. Think he is really fed up - he makes a feeble attempt to pick his ball up but that's it - you can see he so wants to play. All in all though I would say he is 50% better than last week - I honestly thought I was losing him.
At least the sun is out so I can leave doors open for him to sit gazing at the birds/squirrels :)

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2019, 14:25 

Glad to hear he is slowly on the mend. Wonder if any idea what caused UTI, maybe something excess he ate or drank. As you say tears the heart apart when precious charges are unwell. UTI in humans can make one go doolally, so he could feel off colour for a while. As for his legs and back perhaps you do already some gentle massage can help. My girlie gets a lot of shoulder massage and gentle massage of the toes which she seems to appreciate.heated pool swimming is great exercise for any dog , no weight bearing and short swim is akin to fairly long walk. Last thought before I go on too long ! What about some natural prebiotics.
Get well soon Kobi. Still plenty time to chase a squirrel or two :wink:

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2019, 18:00 

How is Kobi? I've been thinking about him since seeing a lovely big white Doodle in Penzance recently. I hope he has improved and is back to normal again. Anny