including the UK Labradoodle Register
email: info@labradoodle.org.uk
It is currently 18 Jul 2019, 07:35

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Limpy Holly
PostPosted: 22 Mar 2019, 18:08 

Hi bit of advice please.
Holly has developed a offside front limp. When walking no limp, no sign of pain, no swelling ,no damage to toes or claws. It is only after resting she really limps two or three steps no sign of pain, then she is fine until she rests again? After a nights sleep she does not limp until her first walk and rest.
I came to the conclusion it was muscular not bone. I lead walked her for a week no improvement so took her to vets who confirmed muscular strain and gave Holly 10 days of anti inflammatory tabs and gentle walks, Taken them all, still no improvement.
So does any one know an alternative, as long as it does not include water therapy Holly hates water!!

Post subject: Re: Limpy Holly
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2019, 12:59 

Morning Kath.....my little Eli ruptured his cruciate ligament just before Christmas and was given the usual Metacam anti-inflammatory to help him through his recovery but as I am not a great lover of this product I chose to give him Dorwest Turmeric tablets as they support the body's natural anti-inflammatory process...you might want to try them?.....they seemed to help Eli.
Take it your vet has ruled out elbow dysplacia?......this seems to be getting more common in the doodle population and starts with intermittent lameness.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2019, 17:05 

Hi Linny
Vet gave her a good exam and was pretty sure it was just muscle strain, if it persists too much longer or changes I will go back. In the meantime I will try your Dorwest tabs. With the elbow dysplasia, would she show signs of pain?
Have a good weekend
Kathie

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2019, 17:37 

Hi, dexter damaged his shoulder muscles by jumping! looked like a paw limp though. Had medication didn't improve but lots of shortish walks ,no jumping or balls, help into the car and patience and two months later he was back to his annoying self. The gap between seeming fine and limping grew longer until it eventually went. Hope Holly is feeling better soon. H and D