A new dog does help when you think nothing will

Use this area to seek or offer guidance on specific training or behavioural matters.
dwood

A new dog does help when you think nothing will

Post by dwood » 07 May 2019, 11:01

Been a few years since I posted as couldn’t bear seeing all the gorgeous doodles after we lost Phoebe. After a year we decided to get another dog and found a lovely Australian labradoodle puppy near us that we bought. We called her Maisie and she is now 15 months old and starting to settle. I’d forgotten all the doodle madness as Phoebe was so good after about 3. So we still have a way to go but it has helped as I was in a bit of a slump after we lost her. You can’t be down when there is a doodle around
Dorothy and Maisie

linny

Re: A new dog does help when you think nothing will

Post by linny » 07 May 2019, 15:40

So pleased to see you back!.
Really glad you took the plunge and welcomed Maisie into your family..... I completely understand your grief after losing your much loved Phoebe ... :cry:
Maisie sounds lovely and I'm so pleased she is helping to heal the pain....like you say ,"you can't be down when there's a Doodle around'".....they can manage to make you smile each and every day :D :D :D

dwood

Post by dwood » 07 May 2019, 21:20

Thanks. Took me a few hours to remember how to upload a photo but finally got there.
Losing Phoebe was awful and I thought I'd never love another dog like her again but Maisie is gradually growing into a wee cracker and has that doodle look which you can't ignore. Also likes to lie across my feet to make sure I don't go any where without her knowing :)
Dorothy and Maisie

Doodle Dee

Post by Doodle Dee » 08 May 2019, 10:50

Welcome back and welcome Maisie

Looking forward to her stories

Xx
Lulu & Dx

ImageImage

kathiedoodle

Post by kathiedoodle » 12 May 2019, 08:56

How lovely to hear from you and Maisie, I think most of us know the heartbreak of losing a member of the family which is exactly what our dogs become. I still miss our Golden Retriever many years on but having her with us for 15 years took some getting over. Holly our 1/2 Aussie doodle now 6 has delighted and entertained us and got us going even on the most depressing of days. Happy times ahead with your lovely Maisie.
Do let us know what she gets up to!
ImageImage

dwood

Post by dwood » 12 May 2019, 09:20

Maisie is a joy but seems naughtier than Phoebe but maybe like children we forget those early years. She has chewed through quite a few things and really pesters our four year old cat. Always trying to wash him and cuddle him. Mind you he did that to Phoebe as a kitten so it's payback time. Think it was about at 3 Phoebe settled so fingers crossed.

[url][https://pdgf.pitapata.com/RnQap1.png/url]
Dorothy and Maisie