barking

Use this area to seek or offer guidance on specific training or behavioural matters.
grainne

Re: barking

Post by grainne » 08 Jan 2008, 17:18

It has been solved!

Thank you everyone for your kind words and help!!

I put a cover over the dog flap, and there was not a peep out of young louie all night- PHEW!!!

i had a lovely nights sleep last night, bliss, fingers crossed it continues!

xxx

Hilli

Post by Hilli » 09 Jan 2008, 11:43

Grainnie Glad you got it sorted and some sleep.

I was just going to post a thread on barking, hope you don't mind me jumping in.

Yogi is 7mths now and has found his bark :roll: He used to do the odd low woof if someone was passing especially if they had a hood up, now he's looking out the window alot and barking at everyone that passes, even the neighbours pottering in the garden, the man got a low deep growl which i haven't heard before. When we walked into the forest this morning a man was walking out with a dog well Yogi started barking and barking at this dog, he has never barked at anything when he's been outside before.

Sorry to ramble on this is all new to me. So is this the start of him asserting himself, protecting his property? Thankfully he is fine at night, he sleeps in his crate in our bedroom and theres not a peep out of him.

Hilli

Hip Dysplasia is painful , expensive, and COMMON, see the hip scores of BOTH parents, no points over 3.
Don't accept excuses

Tara

Post by Tara » 09 Jan 2008, 15:00

Alfie is 7months and he has started to do the same over the last week or so! At dog training they said its because he is a yob (oh yeah and his age!) I agree-think it is also a stage he is going through-a mixture of fear and asserting himself! Most embaressing was him having a barking session at two young school girls walking along!

Glad it's not just him who has a thing for people in hoodies!!!

grainne

Post by grainne » 09 Jan 2008, 18:08

a lovely trainer I spoke to reccomended I distract him (rattle, calling him, noise) then get him to sit/go down, then reward him, that way he is being rewarded for good behaviour and sees that barking doesnt get him anything.

I tried this last night when the wind was making him bark and it worked really well!!! he actually put his little paw round me and we fell asleep

hope this helps!

xxx

gardnerk

Post by gardnerk » 09 Jan 2008, 18:57

Very odd. Archie is 8 months old and has started to bark in the early hours!
Not sure why he does it. We can't hear or see anything that is getting him to bark. We tried ignoring him but he wont be quiet untill we go down then he shuts up only to start five minutes later.
Must be an age thing? Hope he grows out of it soon!

ImageImage

23loise23

Post by 23loise23 » 30 May 2018, 13:15

Hello,

I am looking for a personal dog trainer in Tahoe. So could anyone of you please suggest me from where I can find them???