Re: Seasonal Reminder re Grass seed

An area to discuss any health concerns you may have in your dog or questions about health matters in general
linny

Post by linny » 13 Sep 2021, 13:37

Just a seasonal reminder about grass seed .
Please remember to check your dog's after their walks, those dreadful barbed seeds will cost you a hefty vet bill if you're not careful.
Check thoroughly , especially between the toes ,muzzle and ears.
Lots of information available through the search facility.

AnnaB

Post by AnnaB » 13 Sep 2021, 20:53

A very sensible reminder Linny, grass seeds can cause so much trouble at this time of year especially if not spotted quickly enough. We have a new dog in the family now (not a doodle I'm afraid) as we lost our sweet JR Mrs Nest a couple of months ago. We actually got Jac (another JR) last August 2020 from my grand daughter. She had had a really hard time with covid, plus work, plus her young son and Jac was getting a bit anxious with all the goings on and changes in his routine. So he came to us as he knew us and Mrs Nest from family visits over the years. He was 5 at Christmas and settled in right away finding life on the farm well to his liking! So much so that on going back to visit his 'old' family in Sussex with my daughter several times this year, he has been happy to see everyone but as soon as she starts packing the car for the return journey to Wales, he's in the car like a shot, settles in his car seat and refuses to move again. I think we can say that he is happy with his 'new' life! Hope you are all keeping well. Regards Anna.

linny

Post by linny » 13 Sep 2021, 21:53

So sorry to hear that you have lost dear Mrs Nest Anna, sending you a huge virtual hug.
I'm pleased that you now have Jac, a home is not a home without a dog is it.
It sounds as if Jac has really made himself at home...love how he can't get into the car fast enough to return to Wales😂😂.
I still have Millie my little JR, she's 17 and now on heart meds three times a day at Optimum dosage so we take every day as a bonus.

I'm slowly returning to life Anna, sadly we lost our daughter Rachel last year at the beginning of the pandemic...it brought us to our knees but having to focus on the animals here helped us face those dark days.. without them I don't know what I might have done.

AnnaB

Post by AnnaB » 16 Sep 2021, 22:27

My dear Linny I'm so very sorry to hear the news about Rachel. I cannot imagine how you have managed to cope with such a sad loss. Please accept my heartfelt sympathy although I do realise how useless words can be at times like this however well they are meant.
Give your little Millie a gentle hug from me, I hope she stays with you for a long time yet bless her.
Take care of yourselves. x